Advanced Search

Author Topic: Sammy Park & The Fall of the House of Moon  (Read 3535 times)

November 13, 2013, 10:40:27 PM
Read 3535 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Sammy Park & The Fall of the House of Moon
« on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:27 PM »
More bad news from the Moonies. Following the Korean government's announcement of a special audit of the Unification Church and its subsidiaries comes this massive article detailing the recent fragmentation of Moon's "empire" and an upcoming $20 million lawsuit filed by Sammy Park (Moon's illegitimate son) and his mother. And of course, this all ties directly into the JMS cult which is a Moonie offshoot.

November 12, 2013: The Fall of the House of Moon
: Sex Rituals, Foreign Spies, Biden Offspring, & The Unification Church's War-Torn First Family (New Republic)

December 13, 2013: EXCLUSIVE: Meet The Love Child Rev. Sun Myung Moon Desperately Tried to Hide (Mother Jones)

July 29, 2015, 05:39:08 PM
Reply #1

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Sammy Park & The Fall of the House of Moon
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:39:08 PM »
Sammy Park's speech at the 2014 International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA) annual conference in Washington DC just appeared on YouTube courtesy of the How Well Do You Know Your Moon blog some 13 months after it was given.

I was lucky enough to be in the audience and I can assure there was not a dry eye in the room. The audio isn't great, but most of it is audible:

August 01, 2015, 07:18:30 AM
Reply #2

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:18:30 AM »
A transcript of Sammy's speech is available on the previously mentioned excellent blog "How Well Do You Know Your Moon?". Let me tell you, the guys and gals running that blog know their Moon better than anyone. Here's the start of the transcript. Please head on over to "How Well.." for the rest, and while you're there, please look around.

There are some articles already written about me, I don’t know if anybody has read them, by a journalist named Mariah Blake. They appeared in ‘The New Republic’ and ‘Mother Jones’. So some of this might be old, but there is still new information that wasn’t published in those articles. Hopefully you will find that interesting as well.

I am the secret son (or “Love Child” as depicted in a recent article) of Rev. Sun Myung Moon, billionaire founder of the Unification Church and proclaimed Messiah of all mankind. My mother, Soon W. Choi, was a scion of the powerful and billionaire Choi family, they were the former owners of Korea Life Insurance, the second largest insurance company in Korea, known for its iconic 63-story gold headquarters in Seoul, still the largest gold cladded structure in the world.

I was born into a world of great wealth, fanaticism and hypocrisy. My life reads like a Korean soap opera filled with money, sex, power, and intrigue. I witnessed firsthand how power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I’ve seen how the road to hell is paved with good intentions albeit one warped by a fanatical sense of righteousness where the ends always justify the means. Lastly, I understand the psychology of rejection and secrecy for the circumstances surrounding my birth condemned me—for a large majority of my life—to a life lived in the shadows. ...

August 10, 2015, 09:03:32 PM
Reply #3

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:03:32 PM »
Sammy has responded to some typically cultic responses to his talk. One again, the excellent all-things-Moonie blog How Well Do You Know Your Moon has the details. Here is the start of Sammy's response. Click here for the rest as well as some old family photos:
After the release of my video presentation on HWDYKYM last week, there has been a lot of questions regarding the content that I wanted to address for the sake of clarification:

I am Rev. Sun Myung Moon’s second oldest living son. My older half-brother Sung Jin lives in Japan. I am not tall because I resemble the Choi side of the family who were not tall. Also, my father was not that tall. I never was asked to supply my DNA by the Unification Church (UC) lawyers to determine paternity during the years of litigation because all the parties understood there was no point to it. Here is something to consider: why did the UC go to such great lengths to secure a confidentiality agreement from my mother and I? If we were liars, the church would not have bothered.

The video was my first time speaking in public about my life. Naturally, I was nervous (and emotional—hence my annoying snivelling), and I had a lot of ground to cover with a limited amount of time, so reading my presentation was the most efficient way to proceed. My good friend Donna Orme-Collins periodically would slip me note cards indicating the amount of time I had left. Other than this kind service, she did not coach or coerce my presentation because I do have a bit of my father in me where I can be stubborn and not listen. In fact, one major regret is that I didn’t listen to her and come forward decades ago.