Advanced Search

Author Topic: 2012 & 2014: Lee Man-hee in America & Other Travels  (Read 14380 times)

August 13, 2012, 12:17:47 PM
Read 14380 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
2012 & 2014: Lee Man-hee in America & Other Travels
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »
Crystal Cathedral members angered by religious leader's event
Link is from Google's cache.
The Orange County Register, July 19, 2002

Man Hee Lee, who says he has seen Jesus and that the Book of Revelation has been fulfilled, to speak at the church Saturday.

GARDEN GROVE – On Saturday, followers of a Christian religious leader from South Korea are expected to flock to the Crystal Cathedral to hear him speak about the fulfillment of prophecies in the Bible.

Man Hee Lee, who says Jesus appeared before him as a "bright heavenly figure," will testify at his first California appearance that the Book of Revelation already has been fulfilled. He says his church has more than 100,000 members.

Lee will be speaking from the same pulpit that the Rev. Robert H. Schuller and other Protestant Christian leaders have preached. And that's not sitting well with some Crystal Cathedral congregants.

"False prophet" and "cult" are two of the descriptions given to Lee and his ministry, the Tabernacle of the Testimony, by Crystal Cathedral members on a Cathedral watchdog website, pens-opinion.org. A spokesman for Lee denies the characterization.
John Charles, president of the ministry known worldwide for its "Hour of Power" television program, has heard the criticism.
Charles said the Crystal Cathedral has received enough complaints that, in the future, "We will make sure any speakers are not controversial or in conflict with our religious beliefs."

The Zion Korean Church in Bellflower is sponsoring the event – not the Crystal Cathedral, Charles said.
"I knew nothing about their speaker when they rented our building," he said. "And I know nothing about this Man Lee."
One person posted on the website: "I just cannot believe that the Sanctuary of one of the world's most prominent churches was rented to a cult and nobody in management knew about it?"

The Bellflower church filled out a standard contract and did not indicate Lee would be speaking, Charles said.
"We try to be diligent as we possibly can, but sometimes things happen," he said.

Joseph Suhng, a Los Angeles resident who volunteers as a spokesman for Lee, said the church is not a cult and Lee is not claiming to be the second coming of the Messiah.

"Everyone has their own right to judge for themselves what's right or wrong," Suhng said. "We want people to come and hear for themselves. But to say it's a cult, we wish they wouldn't do that.

"There's been a response of some 3,000 people each month to come to hear him speak, and they include pastors and theologians who heard him and who also believe in his testimony," he said.

Orange County resident Michelle Chang, a Lee supporter, said: "There are many who are eager for this instructor's appearance and we're expecting thousands to attend the seminar event."

Lee will speak at 10:30 a.m.

Lee says in his literature that he "is the only person who saw and heard the events of Revelation and can testify to the mysteries of Revelation, exactly according to the Bible."

Lee's Tabernacle of the Testimony, headquartered in South Korea, has 140,000 members worldwide and established more than 300 seminary schools throughout the world, his website and press release state.

Contact the writer: [email protected] and 714-796-7829

December 06, 2012, 11:49:34 PM
Reply #1

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: 2012 & 2014: Lee Man-hee in America
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »
This is a classic^^

Anyone who is a believer WILL REGRET IT if he or she does not” come see Instructor Man Hee Lee at the Crystal Cathedral this Saturday!

“Instructor Man Hee Lee,” a Korean preacher and leader of the rapidly-growing movement “Tabernacle of the Testimony,” who claims to be the only person who can explain the Revelation (that hallucinogenic final book of the New Testament which NOBODY understands) will be explaining it all to you this Saturday morning at 10:30 at the Crystal Cathedral (now “Christ Cathedral” since its purchase by papist pederasts.)  Admission is free.  Man Hee’s literature darkly warns, “Anyone who is a believer WILL REGRET IT if he or she does not see it and believe it.”  (And I’m pretty sure by “believer” they mean “Christian” – so that’s probably YOU, bud!)

So, his press girl called and asked me to do a write-up here, obviously hoping the great event would get that coveted “Orange Juice Bump.”  She explained that Man Hee teaches that the world has already ended – long ago – and that we are now all in the afterlife.  She said this would make a lot more sense once I hear Man Hee explain it in person.  Then she begged me, whatever I write, to “Please treat Man Hee with respect.”

Mistake.

“I’m sorry, young lady, you called the wrong blog.  We don’t do the respect thing here.”

“Well, then, please don’t write anything about him at all.”

“Sorry.  Too late.”  Click.

But, I probably have the Man Hee Flack overly worried now.  A fairly straightforward report on his bio and philosophy is entertaining enough.  Baby Man Hee was given his name, which translates  “light,” by his grandfather, who foresaw, in a “precognitive dream,” the sun, moon and stars darkening, the heavens opening up again, and a “large strong light” then shining upon Man Hee’s Mom.

Claiming “royal ancestry” going back 500 years, but ALSO born into a “poor farming family” in Gyeongbuk Cheongdo, the fervently devout and bookish Man Hee fought on the frontlines of the Korean War – the same one Americans fought in – against the Northern Communists.

“One day during his night time prayer, a huge star came down for 3 and a half days, and thereafter, he met a heavenly person whom he swore his loyalty to God. After writing a pledge in his own blood swearing his loyalty, he walked on the path of faith.”

It’s not clear if it was THEN or LATER that, in his words,

“…I saw Jesus—the heavenly person—coming in the clouds of heaven. I fell face down before him and the Lord got on half of His knee and raised me up, where He then anointed me on the head and gave me His commands. Following His commands, I went back to the place called the Tabernacle Temple—the same place I initially left. It was at this place that I saw, heard, and received the revelation of the opened book and the fulfillment of the work for the entire book of Revelation.”

Apparently, it is prophesied in the Bible (somewhere) that “ALL people will learn the Truth from Instructor Lee.”  According to his literature, tens of thousands of Christians hungry for the truth have been flocking to his events all over the world, while some “spit and yell” at his followers, and others have even tried to assassinate the man himself.   Here is the website of Man Hee Lee and his “Tabernacle of the Testimony”: “www.lightmeetslight.com. (Note: That site was taken down and replaced with an "Under Construction" banner when Mannam Volunteer Organisation's ties to Schincheonji became clear)

And HERE is a website claiming that Man Hee Lee is “the leader of Shin Chon Ji (SCJ), a widespread cult in Korea, also known as ‘Serving Christ Jesus.’ He claims to be a ‘messenger’ of God, with new revelation of the Word … [His group] claims to be the New Jerusalem on earth and they believe that they are the only ones with the truth (a common characteristic of cults).”

Among the many other charismatic figures who have been fascinated with the Book of Revelation is my own son Dorian Yarnelson, a grad student in animation at UCLA, who recently created this teaser featuring the popular Whore Of Babylon for his larger work on the Apocalypse (oh – that’s the olde-fashioned name for the Revelation.)

But remember, ONLY Man Hee Lee has had the exact same vision as John of Patmos, so you will DEFINITELY COME TO REGRET IT if you don’t come check out his exegesis this Saturday.  Remember, like Ozzy Osbourne with his booted fairies, you gotta believe Man Hee because “he saw it, he saw it with his OWN TWO EYES!”

NOW prepare – if previous online mentions of Man Hee Lee are any indication – for an avalanche of pro-Man Hee comments, from dozens of anonymous folks with similar IP addresses who “hadn’t heard much about him before” but are “fascinated now to see him in person!”

December 06, 2012, 11:55:03 PM
Reply #2

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:55:03 PM »
http://www.yorkblog.com/faith/2012/07/18/man-hee-lee-in-america/

Have you heard about the story of Man Hee Lee? Me neither.

Until last week, that is. A Christian instructor from Korea, Man Hee Lee has spend his life fighting for Christianity in a land where Buddism and Taoism are by far the dominant religions.

It has earned the 81-year-old Hee Lee a dedicated following and a bit of fame late in life. Every month in Korea, more than 3,000 people gather to listen to Hee Lee, and that number is growing rapidly.

Pastors from 28 different countries invited the instructor to come to Europe. Because of the high demand, Hee Lee returned to Europe on July 4th for the second time.

Hee Lee followed that up with a trip to the United States. He spoke July 14 at The Times Center in New York, NY and will appear July 21 at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, Calif.

Here is a very short interview about Hee Lee, with subtitles.

Shinchonji Open Bible Seminar - Lee Man Hee, English

Hee Lee is the descendant of a Korean royal family of the Joseon Dynasty—a house with 500 years of history. Born in 1931 from a rural farming region, Man Hee Lee was given his name, meaning complete light, by his grandfather—who before Lee’s birth had a precognitive dream regarding a light of heaven shining down.

Hee Lee founded and manages hundreds of free churches and Bible schools inside and outside the country for any believers who are interested. Hee Lee is the founder and director of 300 Bible schools around the world, offering thousands of classes.

To date, worldwide, there are over 85,000 graduates, approximately 20,000 additional students are still learning, making this the largest Bible school in the world. His teaching is based solely on the Bible. The Bible is the only basis of doctrine taught.

Normally, I am suspicious of religious figures who acquire such a large following, but Hee Lee seems like a genuine man of God. A very interesting fellow.

December 07, 2012, 12:08:36 AM
Reply #4

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:36 AM »
Internationally Renowned Spiritual Leader Gives Revelation Bible Seminar at the Crystal Cathedral

Christian Instructor Man Hee Lee will be testifying to the fulfillment of the New Testament prophecies—specifically Matthew 13 and 24, and the entire book of Revelation—according to what has been seen, heard, and commanded based on the 5W’s and 1H (who, what, where, when, why, how). The gospel of heaven, Jesus’ prophecies of the New Testament, was preached in Europe to the West, and was testified to all the people of the world according to the prophecy of Matthew 24:14: “and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”

This testimony is given to those who believe in the prophecies of the Bible and have been waiting their fulfillment. Having started in the Republic of Korea, the fulfillment will now go out to the ends of the earth.

Every month in Korea, more than 3,000 people gather to listen to the Revealed Word from Instructor Lee, and that number is growing rapidly. Pastors from 28 different countries who heard this news invited the instructor to come to Europe. Because of the high demand, Instructor Lee is returning to Europe on July 4 for the second time in the past 2 months. The fulfillment of the New Testament is the fulfillment of God’s purpose and the hope of all humanity. The world of faith in America must open up its eyes to his testimony as he is invited to come to America. America cannot wait any longer.

A true believer in God, Jesus, and the promise of the Bible must hear these words, and everyone who attends will not regret it. God’s will, the purpose of the New Testament, is completed through this.

As seating is limited, please reserve your seat at www.worldopenseminar.com via the contact page. Visit the website to learn more about Instructor Lee's remarkable life, testimony, and worldwide impact.

About Man Hee Lee

The Christian Instructor Man Hee Lee is the descendant of a Korean royal family of the Joseon Dynasty—a house with 500 years of history. Born in 1931 from a rural farming region, Man Hee Lee was given his name, meaning complete light, by his grandfather—who before Lee’s birth had a precognitive dream regarding a light of heaven shining down.

Man Hee Lee is a living witness to many of the historical events that occurred in Korea. He is also a man of merit as he fought in the frontline of battle during the Korean War. He is someone who guided the Saemahul Movement (New Community Movement) which became a stepping stone to the boom of the Korean economy.

His life of faith began one day in the midst of prayer. A huge star from heaven came down and, by its guidance, he met a heavenly person. He then wrote a pledge in his own blood and swore his loyalty. From that moment on, he walked on the path of faith. He saw and heard the events of the New Testament and he is now testifying about Revelation according to the commands of Jesus. During this time when Christianity is rapidly decreasing in Korea, hundreds of thousands of people from the East, West, North and South are gathering and believing, after hearing the work of the Holy Spirit and the testimony of Revelation. The news of all this rapid growth is spreading internationally as Christian Instructor Man Hee Lee receives numerous invitations to speak.

The content of his lecture is the testimony of the fulfillment of the New Testament—a testimony that is making known the fulfillment of the promises of Jesus, which has never happened before and will never happen again.

If one believes, one becomes people of heaven, receiving salvation and entering into one’s hope. This is the greatest truth that even theologians acknowledge. People in Korea must wait as long as one year to hear lectures from this instructor. Inviting this instructor to our land, the United States, is an opportunity the heavens gave us, and we hope all will be grateful for this huge opportunity.

Event address:
Crystal Cathedral
12141 Lewis Street
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Admission:  FREE
Public Information Phone:  (310) 564-6158
Hours:  10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

December 07, 2012, 12:10:34 AM
Reply #5

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »
South Korea's 'anointed' one, Man Hee Lee, to visit Southland

It could be on a par with a Billy Graham revival as later this month a Southland church hosts a South Korean religious leader, whose increasing worldwide following of all races fervently believe Jesus has commanded him to testify about the Revelation.

On July 21, The Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, will host a lecture from the Christian Instructor Man Hee Lee, spiritual leader and founder of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (which derives its name from Revelation 15:5), who will testify to the fulfillment of the New Testament prophecies — specifically to the time of the end in Matthew 13 and 24, and the entire book of Revelation.

Monai Thornton, a 24-year-old African-American Long Beach, Cal State university student, will be one of the expected throng to hear his “truth.”
According to the Tabernacle’s lightmeetslight.com website, Lee is a descendant of a Korean royal family of the Joseon Dynasty with a lineage tracing back 500 years.
Born in 1931 in the rural town of Gyeongbuk Cheongdo, as the 7th of 12 sons, it is said his grandfather saw a radiant light shining upon Lee’s mother, and named him Man Hee, meaning light.

A former member of the Korean Special Forces, it’s claimed Lee’s transformation came in the midst of prayer when a huge star came down and a bright heavenly figure appeared, introduced himself as Jesus and anointed him.

“According to his command, I went to a church named the Tabernacle Temple in Cheongdo where I saw and heard the events right before my very eyes that were fulfilling Revelation. What I am testifying to is the fulfillment of Revelation.”
Lee’s Tabernacle of the Testimony, headquartered in South Korea with 53 church branches, boasts 140,000 worldwide members, and claims to have established 300 seminary schools, graduating more than 85,000 students.

His Open Bible Seminars, like the one scheduled in Garden Grove, draw thousands of attendees; he testified in Europe in May when over 500 pastors heard him speak in Berlin, and has a return engagement on July 4.

“I’ve learned so much from these bible studies, and the reason is because of this person,” said Thornton, who first attended a Tabernacle seminar through a friend.
“He has seen and heard the events in Revelation. A lot of the time stuff in the bible doesn’t make sense and it’s hard too understand. So, you get bogged down and you’re like I can never understand God. But he makes it so easy; it’s really grown my faith and I feel like a new person.”

Thornton, who said she is “excited, happy and curious,” with the prospect of seeing Lee in person, dismissed any idea that the Tabernacle might be some sort of cult.
“No, we believe in God as Christians,” she replied. “We’re not following him like he’s Jesus or anything like that. He’s teaching us a lot, so we give him gratitude. We’re not trying to raise him up like he’s some kind of grand person. We’re not going to move off into the middle of nowhere or something like that.”

December 07, 2012, 12:12:49 AM
Reply #6

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »
Pastor Man Hee Lee: Is the Book of Revelation being fulfilled?

ARLINGTON, Va., July 31, 2012 – On July 21 South Korean Pastor Man Hee Lee delivered a seminar at Christ Cathedral in Los Angeles, in which he explained his understanding of the Book of Revelation. The main thrust of his message seems to be that humanity is actually living in the time of the fulfillment of the prophecies found in Revelation, which for many Christians would indicate the imminent coming of God’s kingdom on earth.

According to a column in Newsantaana.com, Pastor Lee’s lecture taught that much of what is found in Revelation is not to be taken literally, but contains symbolic expressions of what is to come. Pastor Lee asserts that he met Jesus personally in Korea and that he “saw and heard the events of Revelation.”
Pastor Lee’s appearance in Los Angeles was the last stop in a tour of Europe and America, in response to invitations from other Christian leaders. He had visited Germany, Austria and New York City before his L.A. seminar.

Pastor Lee is leader of the Shinchonji Church of Jesus, which is headquartered in the Republic of Korea and claims around 140,000 members worldwide. One of the group’s websites, http://www.worldopenseminar.com/index.html, states that Pastor Lee was born in the Korean countryside in 1931, and his name, meaning “a perfect light,” was given him before birth by his grandfather as a result of inspiration he received from a dream.
According to an online interview with Song Tae-bok, editor of the Shinchonji-affiliated newspaper Cheonji Il-bo, Pastor Lee teaches that the present world will not, as some fear, end with a catastrophic destruction of humanity. Rather, according to Mr. Song, the world can be healed as more and more people are reborn through the revealed Word of God:
“…the world will be renewed and created into God’s kingdom through those who are reborn with God’s seed, the word of truth. God’s kingdom created by such people is the new heaven and new earth, Shinchonji, as recorded in revelation [chapter] 21.”

Pastor Lee, who fought for the South during the bitter and devastating Korean War, has also been very active in efforts to promote a peaceful reunification of South and North Korea. Aside from conducting his Bible seminars, he leads Mannam, a pro-unification volunteer organization with a claimed 100,000 members, and is the author of the Korean Unification Proclamation, which was inscribed on special stones and placed at the eastern and western ends of the North-South border.

In his recent visit to Europe to conduct the Open Bible Seminars, Pastor Lee met with Lothar de Maiziere, a former East German prime minister who helped bring about the peaceful reunification of the long-divided East Germany and West Germany. Pastor Lee apparently feels that when North Koreans and South Koreans make their desires strongly enough felt by their respective governments, this could lead to a bloodless reunification of the Korean peninsula, in a way somewhat similar to the German experience.

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/stories-faith/2012/jul/31/Lee/#ixzz2EHjMcNJX
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

December 07, 2012, 12:17:47 AM
Reply #7

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
Korean Bible instructor Man Hee Lee packs the Crystal Cathedral

I visited the former Crystal Cathedral today (it is now knows as Christ Cathedral), where throngs of mostly young Koreans and other believers came together to listen to the ministry of Instructor Man Hee Lee, a self-avowed expert on the Book of Revelation.

There had been some consternation in the week leading up to the event as a number of evangelical Christians complained that Lee is the head of a cult.  One woman at today’s service even ran up to the front of the church and started yelling.  She was quickly removed although Lee asked that she be allowed to speak – in the lobby.

The sermon was in Korean, but we were all given headsets and the sermon was translated into several languages including English and Spanish.

Lee was born in Korea in 1931, which means that he is 81 years old – and I have to say he looks pretty well kept for being in his eighties.  Lee claims a lineage that can be traced back for 500 years.  That may sound like a lot but Korea is an ancient country.  He also says that he was visited by Jesus himself, in Korea, and that he “saw and heard the events of Revelation.”

Lee’s lineage dates back to the Joseon empire, according to Wikipedia, which is when bronze making techniques were imported from China, according to PBS.  Koreans created the first world’s first metal moveable type in the 12th century.  By 1522, the German preacher Martin Luther was printing the first Bible’s produced on such presses, according to Wikipedia.  Lee referred to Luther today when he repeatedly admonished those at the service to read the Bible.

While urging followers to read the Bible fits in nicely with leading Evangelical thought, Lee does hold a controversial position in that he believes we are already “fulfilling Revelation.”  But his take on Revelation is not like anything I have heard before.  For one thing, Lee is expert at translating the book of Revelation in terms of analogy.  He sees much of the text as symbolizing ideas.

During the sermon Lee patiently made his way through each chapter of the Book of Revelation, explaining what he feels the symbols mean.  While he has been critized as a false prophet, he took false prophetst to task during his speech.

So are we in the end times?  That is hard to say.  There is no mistaking that we live in dark times considering all the unrest and death in the Middle East, and the horrible shooting here in the U.S. just this week, at a screening of the new Batman film in Aurora, Colorado.

I had a chance after the sermon to ask Lee about the Aurora shooting – and about the increase in atheism among our youth.  Lee paused then answered firmly in Korean that we need to be knowledgable in the Bible and that this is especially true of our young people.

June 06, 2014, 03:46:35 PM
Reply #8

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 03:46:35 PM »
Well, this is interesting. Two years after his last less-than-successful US trip, Lee was back in the US this past April. Shinchonji managed to gather quite a crew to its latest self-promotion event and photo op:
Over 100 religious leaders across North America and local university students gathered at the Grand Event Center in Long Beach for the 2014 Religious Leaders Peace Conference, hosted by international non-profit organization Heavenly Culture, World Peace and Restoration of Light (HWPL).

The mood of the conference was united and hopeful as the leaders unanimously signed the HWPL Peace Treaty, a pledge to cease scrutiny amongst religious groups and establish a relationship to work together for peace. Among those who signed was Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, Director of the Islamic Society of Orange County.

The program also featured a panel discussion, a time of united prayer for all faiths and a finale performance of youth and religious leaders singing hand-in-hand for peace. Monai Thornton, a Long Beach native, mentioned “Peace has been my wish for this city for such a long time. We’ve always been known for gangs, violence and injustice, but finally have something positive and newsworthy to share with the world.”

Speaking at the conference was a guest panel of influential religious leaders including Dr. Uma Mysorekar, president of the Hindu Temple Society of North America, Mr. Matthew Ball, director of Public Affairs, Northwest Area for the Church of Latter-Day Saints, Imam Shamshi Ali, Former Imam of the Islamic Culture Center of New York and named one of the “most influential religious leaders in New York City” by New York Magazine, and Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism.

Joining them were also representatives of different faiths including Buddhism, Christianity, Sikhism, Baha’i, Candomble, and more.

Chairman of HWPL Mr. Man Lee delivered the keynote speech highlighting how peace is possible. Chairman Lee, 84, who has traveled to 58 countries to advocate his message of peace, has gained momentous support from presidents, religious leaders, and youth organizations around the world including the presidents of Ethiopia, South Africa, Costa Rica and Nobel Peace Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi.

“He is traveling the world to make sure the message of peace is reaching out to everybody. I think he is exceptional and courageous, with a young and strong spirit” said Imam Shamshi Ali, “Not many people are doing that.”

The conference is a part of Chairman Lee’s 9th World Tour to speak with religious and political leaders. He most recently arrived from Latin America where he signed the Peace Treaty with the leader of the Inca people and was given the honor of performing the White Rose Peace Ceremony in the Palacio Nacional de la Cultura in Guatemala City, Guatemala. This is a tradition signifying peace that has been performed by individuals such as U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and the Dalai Lama.

Many of the leaders that Chairman Lee has met have expressed their commitment to attend and promote HWPL’s upcoming event, the World Alliance of Religions for Peace Summit in Seoul, South Korea. The summit, taking place this fall, is an international conference to gather religious leaders for peace.

“Our deepest hopes, based on the promises recorded in the holy writings of our spiritual traditions, are set on life in a paradise of peace. In order to achieve this, we must be willing to let go of the old things that only serve to divide us, and embrace the will of God for peace,” said Chairman Lee.

June 06, 2014, 03:49:40 PM
Reply #9

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »
‘World Peace Treaty’ tours through North and South America, religious leaders unite for peace
South Korean Peace Activist Man H. Lee has finished his month-long 9th World Tour in Los Angeles and departed for home in April, having canvassed international support for the Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (“HWPL”) Peace Treaty, a pledge which calls on heads of states to unite and work together for peace.

Mr. Lee is the Chairman of HWPL, an international non-profit organization that advances peace initiatives through culture, arts, religion, and policy. During his 9th World Tour, Mr. Lee traveled to Europe, Latin America, and North America to meet with Uruguay President José Mujica, Peruvian Vice President and Incan leader Marisol Espinoza Cruz, and Former President of Guatemala Álvaro Colom. During a conference of religious leaders at the historic Nacional de la Cultural Palacio in Guatemala City, Guatemala, Mr. Lee stressed the importance of ending war.

“All the people of the world must become one to receive the light of hope of world peace without any discrimination or bias,” Mr. Lee said.

Afterwards, Mr. Lee was honored with the title of “Messenger of Peace” and asked to place the white rose, a symbol of peace, in the monument of the Palacio courtyard, as the Honorable Carlos Batzin, Minister of Culture and Attorney General of Guatemala Claudia Paz y Paz presided.

Traditionally, the fresh white rose exchanges the previous day’s white rose to celebrate an ever-fresh peace for the country, a custom that has been performed by the Dalai Lama, U.S. Former President George W. Bush and U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki Moon. Mr. Lee’s commemoration was the first time the ceremony was performed since the U.N. Secretary General’s visit in 2011. Afterwards, Mr. Lee was awarded with a certificate of appreciation from the Guatemalan government.

Addressing Guatemalan news outlet Telenoticias 23, Attorney General Paz y Paz said: “We will actively participate with Mr. Lee’s world peace movement, as he is traveling the whole world to give messages of peace despite his current age of 84.”

Many representative leaders have already signed the HWPL Peace Treaty during Mr. Lee’s eight previous tours to 58 different countries. Last year in Europe, Romani King Dorin Cioaba signed on behalf of 14 million Romanis during Chairman Lee’s visit to Eastern Europe.

“When Defensor de la Paz Señor Lee came and spoke to the people in Chuarrancho, things improved,” said Mayan leader Santos Alvarado, who oversees 8,000 Mayans living in the Pueblo of Churrancho, Guatemala.

“The Confradia (Catholic organization) never once met in the same room with [the Mayan community] to discuss issues. For the first time ever, we are now meeting face to face with them. We are very thankful for him,” Alvarado added.

Many of the leaders that Mr. Lee has met with have expressed their commitment to attend and promote HWPL’s upcoming event, the World Alliance of Religions for Peace Summit in Seoul, South Korea. The summit, taking place this fall, is an international conference to gather religious leaders for peace.

June 06, 2014, 03:55:17 PM
Reply #10

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 03:55:17 PM »
http://religiomag.com/forging-a-path-to-peace-the-2014-religious-leaders-conference/
On April 14th, over 100 religious leaders from across the country gathered at The Grand hotel in Long Beach, Calif., for the 2014 Religious Leader’s Peace Conference. Hosted by the international nonprofit group Heavenly Culture World Peace and Restoration of Light (HWPL), the event featured a panel of distinguished religious leaders of different faiths and backgrounds.

The Chairman of HWPL, peace advocate Manhee Lee is an active participant of peace and has been touring the world meeting notable religious and political figures. His visit to Long Beach marks his ninth world tour across three years to spread the message of ending war and uniting religions for peace. On these visits, Lee brings with him peace agreements for the leaders, in hopes that all leaders around the world will sign the agreement and be held positively accountable.

Well regarded religious figures in the panel included Dr. Uma Mysorekar, President of the Hindu Temple Society of North America; Dr. Mary Nelson, Executive Director of the Parliament of the World’s Religions; Imam Shamsi Ali, Head Imam of the Islamic Culture Center of New York; and Matthew Ball, Regional Public Affairs Director for the Church of Ladder-Day Saints.

One question for the panel came from a mother of four, “I have four young adult children,” she said, “and I can’t imagine sending them off to war…. How would you create peace in the world today?” The question was directed to Matthew Ball, the LDS Church Director of Public Affairs in the Northwest Area in charge of settling any misconceptions about the Mormon doctrine or people and promoting understanding among people of different beliefs.

Ball answered, “In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we would do that by following Jesus’ teachings and demonstrating that service to one another.”

Similarly, that concept of community and strength in numbers appeared in Jessi Kaur’s response. Jessi Kaur is a member and interfaith committee representative of Sikh Gurdwara Sahib San Jose, which is the largest gurdwara in all of North America. She founded In Global Synergy NOW (IGS NOW) to establish unity and spread the belief that the quintessential values of all human beings are compassion, sharing and forgiveness.

“If all religions believe in peace, […] then why would there be war? This requires dedication, respect, and dignity. Freedom of speech should be allowed, but always used with respect and dignity. We are all siblings of destiny.”

After the panelists fielded questions from the audience, Chairman Lee spoke on that very idea: destiny, a purpose beyond human means. As he stood on stage, Lee recounted the Hebrew Bible’s references to world peace. He said that the God of the Bible created this world with the sole purpose to reign over it, with all creation living in harmony and peaceable coexistence.

As Lee spoke, people listened. Despite all the difference of beliefs that were present, the purpose of peace united the room into a single-minded assembly as religious leaders inscribed their signatures onto the peace agreements one by one.

“He is traveling the world to make sure the message of peace is reaching out to everybody. I think he is exceptional and courageous, with a young and strong spirit,”  Imam Shamshi Ali said about Lee. “Not many people are doing that.”

By the end of the conference, everyone came to realize that at the end of the day, peace is truly only made a reality by those who adopt it not only as external actions, but by an internal, heartfelt, and dedicated purpose.

June 06, 2014, 04:24:51 PM
Reply #11

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 04:24:51 PM »
A couple of videos from Lee's recent travels under the banner of Heavenly Culture, World Peace Restoration of Light. That sure rolls off the tongue well.
His girlfriend, Kim Nam-hee, seems to have forgotten all about her chairmanship of Mannam. She's now chairwoman of the Mooniesque International Women's Peace Group.

Here is the couple in a more intimate setting. Members are not surprisingly, not told about the affair because it contradicts pretty much everything about marriage Lee has ever said:

June 14, 2014, 02:06:32 AM
Reply #12

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 02:06:32 AM »
Romania. Wow.
http://zambianeye.com/archives/21387
Man Hee Lee, the chairman of Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL) and a global peace advocate, has been appointed as the World’s first Romani (Gypsies) people’s ambassador at the Romani Assembly.

He was appointed which was held in Sibiu, Romania on June 4th.

In addition, Ms. Nam Hee Kim, the chairwoman of World Women’s Peace Network (WWPN, an affiliate of HWPL), was appointed as the first Korean member of the Romani National Assembly.

Their appointments were made possible by the previous world peace agreement signing between Mr. Lee and the Romani King, Dorin Cioabă. More than 150 Romani representatives, from over 40 countries, present at the National Assembly unanimously consented to Mr. Lee and Ms. Kim’s appointments.

On June 3, the principal, vice-principal and students of one Romani elementary school welcomed Mr. Lee warmly.

Mr. Lee was quoted as saying, “Primary education for children is more important than anything.” Later that day Mr. Lee also attended a lecture at Lucian Blaga University in Sibiu where the university president awarded Mr. Lee an appreciation plaque, acknowledging his efforts for the establishment of world peace and unity of the Romani people.

Mr. Man Hee Lee appointed as the first Romani people’s ambassador at the Romani National Assembly. Ms. Nam Hee Kim, Chairwoman of WWPN, appointed as the first Korean member of the Romani National Assembly

The culture of peace continues to spread out around the world.

On June 6 in Berlin, Mr. Lee joined a meeting attended by Emil Constantinescu, the former president of Romania, Mark Donfried, the Director of Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD), and more than 200 youth representatives across Europe. Mr. Lee urged “For world peace, every person should have the culture of peace and become the peace advocate who spreads peace.” The attendees responded to his urging with a standing ovation.

Mr. Lee’s visit came as a response to requests made by Dorin Cioabă, Romani King, and an invitation from Constantinescu, the former president of Romania. His visit provided an opportunity to strengthen the alliance for peace formed during the previous peace signings.

June 23, 2014, 04:26:11 PM
Reply #13

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »
Some more videos from Lee's recent travels. He's gearing up for another large event this September at the Olympic Peace Park in Seoul:

Man Hee Lee, Chairman and President of HWPL Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light

Great comment^^
i've no idea why that translator never translates every single time when Mr.Lee says that he recives revelation from the Heaven(or the God)
that's the secret how Mr.Lee fully knows about all words in the Bible and make all religion leaders that have met him to join Mr.Lee's association(except Korean religionists who are all servant of devil(or satan) and corrupted political fatcats controlled by leaders of korean christians)

And this one, which mentions the name of SCJ's upcoming event:
Only God can make the world peaceful.
At last God will return to the world as the King of kings.
Everybody should join the International Conference for Unification of Religions in the world.
Only God will manage the world according to His Will.

Man Hee Lee, World Peace with Heavenly Culture

Mr. Man Hee Lee: Interview

Good Morning Boss: Panayam kay Man Han Lee at Nam Hee Kim tungkol sa World Peace Festival

jeet.tv lee man hee Global Peace Generation (GPG)

June 24, 2014, 04:07:43 PM
Reply #14

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »
Just noting the unwieldy long name:
A Lecture by Man Hee Lee, Chairman and President of HWPL Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light.