Advanced Search

Author Topic: Murder & Rape At Brahma Kumaris HQ?  (Read 12856 times)

April 03, 2011, 07:36:19 AM
Read 12856 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Murder & Rape At Brahma Kumaris HQ?
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:36:19 AM »
Wow.....(In a bad way)

CBI probe into spiritual sect sought in Haryana

CHANDIGARH: A senior IAS officer from Haryana has levelled serious allegations against some 'associates' of spiritual sect, Brahma Kumaris, for their 'criminal' activities. In a communication to Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot, Haryana's financial commissioner R R Fuliya, has sought CBI inquiry as the headquarter of the organization, Mount Abu, falls in the jurisdiction of his state. Alleging that police have failed to conduct impartial probe in many cases of murders and rapes, he has also written to Haryana chief secretary Urvashi Gulati for her intervention into the matter.

On Thursday, Fuliya along with a few others, including a woman from Mount Abu, held a press conference here and levelled serious allegations. He had also sat on hunger strike from March 17 to 24 at Mount Abu in Rajasthan. In his letter to Rajasthan CM, Fuliya said, "A few years ago, when I was divisional commissioner in Hisar, some serious crimes were committed in the sewa kendra of Barwala town and Panipat by some people of these kendras." Giving names of accused and deceased, Fuliya further said, "In 2005, these people kidnapped a devotee, who was probably killed later on.

Those involved scapegoat a female devotee and blamed for the crime. After this incident, two persons went missing." Fuliya said, "That time, a girl was sexually exploited in a sewa kendra situated in Panipat district. Then, her brother was killed in Uttar Pradesh when he raised voice against the exploitation. After my intervention, a case of rape was registered.

Though, later, main person behind the incident succeeded to get his name deleted from the list of accused." The officer further alleged that after this incident another female devotee was also killed in a sewa kendra of Panipat which was widely reported by the media but the episode was pushed under the carpet "However, a few associates of the organization were arrested when they killed a devotee," revealed the officer, who is Haryana cadre IAS of 1983 batch. "I became an eyesore for some associates of the organization when I opposed such incidents. They started insulting me directly or indirectly," alleged the officer, adding that they even started giving 'slow poison' to him and his family members.

"I even faced threat to life. After threat calls and SMSs, Haryana police had asked Rajasthan police to provide me security during my stay in Mount Abu. But this time, I was not provided security," said the IAS officer, demanding action against officers for inaction and misbehaving with him when he was sitting on hunger strike in Mount Abu recently.

December 17, 2013, 10:52:06 AM
Reply #1

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Murder & Rape At Brahma Kumaris HQ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »
Another rape allegation.

Brahmakumari 'sevika' alleges rape by a male coordinator

PATNA: A Prajapita Brahmakumari sevika lodged an FIR with the Patna women police station on Monday alleging that a male coordinator of the organization has been sexually abusing her for the last four years.

Anila (name changed), 19, in her FIR said, "Lalan, 35, the male coordinator of the Fatuha branch of the organization, has been sexually abusing me ever since I joined the organization in 2009. Initially, he used to molest me but, later, he started having physical relationship. He promised to marry me. I had undergone abortion twice in the last four years. Finally, he refused to marry me. I belong to a poor family. So, I could not tell my family members about it," she added.

She also alleged that the authorities of Fatuha unit of Prajapita Brahmakumari invite guests from outside and the 'sevikas' are forced to entertain them. "I narrated my story to the Kankarbagh unit of the organization but to no avail. They rather asked me not to lodge any police complaint," said Anila.

"Lalan, along with other members of the organization, including Vandana and Anju, used to physically abuse me. I told about my plight to five other members of the organization and they took me to the Fatuha police station. But the SHO refused to lodge my FIR. So, I came to Patna women police station," she said.

Patna SSP Manu Maharaaj said, "The girl will be sent for medical tests and the required investigation will be done."

And another article

PATNA: Country's one of the most well-known "Godly University", which offers courses that focus on the benefits of moral and spiritual approaches to life was defamed on Monday. In a shocking incident, a 22-year-old spiritual leader Brahma kumari was allegedly raped for four years by a sewak on the pretext of marriage at the famous Brahmakumaris Ishwariya Vishwavidyalaya here.

Sewak Lallan has been accused of raping the spiritual leader. The shameful incident came to light on Monday when the victim along with members of Prem Youth organisation reached Mahila Police station and reported the matter.

The victim alleged that she was not the only Brahmakumari to have faced the sexual assault, but there were also many other, who were going through the shameful act.

Moreover, the brahmakumari was also threatened of dire consequences by the sewak.

She informed that she had reported about the matter to Brahmakumari Anju, who heads the Fatuha located University but to no avail.

Whereas, Brahmakumari rubbished the allegations on Monday. "All the allegations are false," adding, "The 22-year old was accused of misconduct and expelled from the University sometime back."

Notably, Brahmakumaris World Spiritual University (BKWSU)is a well known spiritual value based educational institution that has gained global acceptance and unique international recognition. One of the most famous faces of Brahmakumari sisters, "Brahmakumari Shivani" has given many speeches about 'Art of Joyful Living' at several reputed institutes including the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).   

December 17, 2013, 11:35:39 AM
Reply #2

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Murder & Rape At Brahma Kumaris HQ?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
Whereas, Brahmakumari rubbished the allegations on Monday. "All the allegations are false," adding, "The 22-year old was accused of misconduct and expelled from the University sometime back."

According to the good people at BrahmaKumaris.info the Brahma Kumaris lied when they said the allegations were false.

Rape and abortions since confirmed by police medical investigation