Advanced Search

Author Topic: 30 Minute JMS Report From China  (Read 23826 times)

December 17, 2009, 12:22:45 PM
Read 23826 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
30 Minute JMS Report From China
« on: December 17, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »
Chinese documentary on JMS, featuring what I think is never before seen footage of Jeong in custody in China and of Jeong's life as a fugitive in China - of course surrounded by women. Thanks to JC for finding the link and for researching the background of the video.

Here is the link to the whole thing.

December 19, 2009, 09:37:41 AM
Reply #1

Offline shadow

• Lunch

• View Profile
Re: 30 Minute JMS Report From China
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:37:41 AM »
This video is incredible.  Thanks!  Is there anyone who knows Chinese who could add captions/give us a quick synopsis of the narration?

December 20, 2009, 09:51:03 AM
Reply #2

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »
This video is incredible.  Thanks!  Is there anyone who knows Chinese who could add captions/give us a quick synopsis of the narration?
I have a few good Chinese friends who could do it. I'll ask around.
I'm sure this is something that will get done sooner or later...

I'll have the rest of it on YouTube by tonight

December 24, 2009, 07:39:01 PM
Reply #3

Offline paullo

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »
this ducomentary is quite good and detailed actually
i really hope that every1 in this world can watch this also...........

January 12, 2010, 08:47:47 AM
Reply #4

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: 30 Minute JMS Report From China - Translation
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »
Here's a translation of the first part of the documentary... thank you Sarah!

Don’t fall in the trap of “western cult”

In May, 2007,  JMS, the head of  JMS cult, who had been wanted by many regions and countries for a couple of years was finally caught in China.

After negotiations between Korea and China, JMS was extradited back to Korea and put on trial in February, 2008. In August 2008, The Court of Korea announced that JMS had found guilty for rape of the women who considered him as the only god. However, JMS said he did not regret for his crime. Therefore, the circumstance of the crime committed by JMS is extremely serious. JMS was sentenced to 6 years’ imprisonment, and was finally punished by law and justice. (Note: That sentence was extended to 10 years on appeal)

Who is JMS? Why was he put in prison? Why did he come to China? What should we learn from the case of JMS? Let’s try to answer these questions.

Jung was born in a small village of Geumsan County, South Chungcheong, Korea in 1945. Although JMS did not have education beyond primary school, he was eloquent and scheming. He joined a cult in 1975 (The Moonies), and began to deceive in the name of Christianity. Since then, he stepped on his way to fame.  In 1978, after learning all the methods of collecting money in the name of Christianity, he broke away from that cult. Later JMS started his own organization named “Ai tian church”, known as “Providence”, in his birthplace, and named himself the hierarch. As many other cults, the providence also had many activities in the name of “Christianity”. And many other cult leaders, JMS misinterpreted Bible and boasted that he was a saint. He claimed that Jesus had already gone, and he was the only savior and the real god. In order to make it convincible, he made a lot of propaganda documents to introduce his way of becoming god.

Propaganda to the JMS-cult followers:

We worship both Jesus and the hierarch(JMS) to make them interconnected.
JMS is a saint. Although he has a common birth, he is the resurrection of Jesus.

JMS brainwashed his followers and psychologically controlled them by saying something imaginary, and successfully made his followers believe that he was the reborn Jesus.

But in his birthplace, none of the villagers who knew him believed him.

Interview to the villagers:
Q: What was special about JMS when he was young?
A: Nothing special…
Q: Ordinary?
A: Yes, because the villagers know him since he was a kid, no one joined providence.

Under JMS’s control, the impact of the providence spread gradually from Korea to Japan, Taiwan, and Malaysia, (Note: JMS also spread to America, Canada, Australia, England, France, Germany,  Italy, and South Africa) and the followers reached to the number of over 200,000.
Where was the operating fund coming from when most of the followers were college students?
Kim Meishan, who was once a follower, told us:

We sell chewing gums, chocolates in the winter to earn money for the church. I’ve been a labor for them. And according to the rule of the cult, those followers who have a job must donate 10% of their salary to the church, and donate extra money when the church wants to buy a car or other necessary stuff. At the same time student followers had to attend the jumble sales; selling something like chewing gums in the subway with the excuse of helping people.

One follower called An Yingyu told the journalist that the money they collected from jumble sale might have amounted to 1 billion per year, but only a small part of this money was given to the people in need.

Q: How much is the proportion of the money which was given to the people in need?
A: Sometimes it’s only 1%-2%, sometimes even nothing.

Q: Where did this money go? To the headquarters or to JMS?

A: Directly to JMS. He stimulated the competition among his followers in this way. He claimed that this was the competition of the loyalty to him. I dare to say the money he got was about 2 billion to 3 billion Korean won.

In order to stimulate the competition, he even went to the spot to instruct, and gave award medals to increase sales.

JMS: Too much inventory, we must sell all of them before Christmas Eve. We get credit everyday. No credit anymore! This is JMS, who’s sitting in his Benz, saying the followers are not allowed to pay on credit.

JMS, when captured by the Chinese police, had a cash of as much as 5million RMB with himself!

Besides collecting money, defrauding women was another distinctive characteristic of JMS cult. The creed of JMS cult says that people can get salvation by combining their bodies. JMS claimed that Jesus had only completed the salvation of soul, but hadn’t completed the salvation of body. And god had embodied him, so he had the power of absolution. The women followers could get rid of their sin, and go to the paradise only by having sex with him.

Under the unique environment of JMS cult, many women followers deeply believed that shortening the distance between JMS and themselves is the way to go to the paradise.

One of the victims, a Korean college student, Lee Huijing told us her thoughts when she was deceived:
I completely believed that JMS was a religion leader, but not a man. I considered him as Jesus. If he said he was Jesus, I would not have doubted.
Being brainwashed this way, it became more and more difficult for Li huijing to exit the cult.

At the beginning, JMS had sex with only one woman, but when he found the woman didn’t show resistance, he asked more women to join them: five or even 10, all together in one room.
There are many more victims like Li Huijing. Although most of them regret that after, they could do nothing to save what they had lost.
Another victim, a college student, Jin Meishan, told us:

No matter you liked it or hated it, you chose it yourself. So you can’t find anyone to tell the secret hidden in your deep heart, and you can’t blame anyone. I can’t tell my husband or anyone else.

Q: Are there many people like you?
A: Yes, there are a lot. If it continues, Korea will get a big problem. It will ruin people’s whole life.

What is disappointing is that although these victims had thought about denouncing JMS to the police by law, the scare and shame of unfolding the truth stopped them. Therefore, more and more ignorant women followers were defrauded. They believed that devoting their body to JMS was the highest state.

As the media estimated, the women raped by JMS had amounted to 1000 during these years, including even some underage girls.

Chinese police found some discs of women showing their bodies in JMS’s place. And these discs concretely recorded their name, age, height, weight, measurements of the chest, education, waist and hips. JMS chose his sex partners from these women. (Note: Here is a card showing photos of JMS female members with their details and phone numbers)

JMS’s sin was unfolded gradually. SBS in Korea unfolded that JMS cult had been collecting money illegally, and defrauding women after its investigation. The program led to great repercussions. Some women victims came out to accuse JMS.

The Korean police decided to capture JMS in 2001. However, JMS fled after he was informed about the charge. He stayed in Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia and some other places,   continuing to defraud women and to collect money. In 2002, three Japanese women accused JMS of sexual abuse. At the same time, the international police organization decided to catch him, and required the police in different countries to assist to capture JMS.

Note: Soon after first fleeing Korea, Jeong spent time in Europe and America before travelling to Asia where he spent most of his remaining fugitive years. JMS American leader described Jeong's early months on the run in a recording given to senior JMS members.

February 08, 2010, 07:21:18 AM
Reply #5

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: 30 Minute JMS Report From China (English Translation)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 07:21:18 AM »
The rest of the translation is finished... Thank you again Sarah for all your hard work.

Taiwan medias exposed JMS’s guilt of reaping hundreds female college students in 2003. Meanwhile, Taiwan police announced to arrest JMS and he was arrested in Hong Kong in July, 2003. However, he escaped after paying bail and being released.

Here is a villa located in Liaoning province. In 2005, Wen Chengyong, a key member of “Providence”, bought two house properties here and nearby in the name of investing on business. These two villas were named as “Mingxiang” and “dragon paw” with luxury decoration. JMS hid here after fleeing to China.

As a temporary shelter though, these two villas are luxurious enough to astonish anyone.  Both of these two villas were built with indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The rooms were filled with all kinds of rare jewels, precious stones, and lots of precious invigorants imported from Korea.  As estimated, the amount of these precious stuff only, might have reached millions RMB.
However, the luxury living facilities which was from the donation of JMS followers didn’t make JMS feel safe. JMS was wanted by Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwan and Hong Kong police at that time, and he knew clearly how serious his guilt was. Afraid of being discovered, he set numbers of cameras in his two villas so as to all-roundly control the whole villa and its neighborhood. JMS also employed many security guards and raised more than ten dogs that patrolled around the villa 24 hours. In the villa, he arranged several secret ways and secret rooms in order to continue his crime and escape from police’s arrest.

This is a secret way in “Mingxiang” villa. Different from some other secret ways, the entrance was in the closet of the second floor and the exit was hidden in the hill behind the villa. With this secret way, JMS escaped from Chinese police’s first arrestment. However, he was not always lucky; 17 days after the first arrestment, JMS was caught by Chinese police. JMS denied his guilt and insisted that “Providence” was only promoting cultures and having artistic activities, and his followers devoted their money and bodies willingly. He said he was promoting Korean culture in China and begged not to extradite him back to Korea. Whenever Chinese police asked him questions about his crime, he pretended to be convulsing to avoid answering.
Actually, in order to stay in China and develop more followers, “Providence” began to expand its activities in China through culture interactions, business communications, sending foreign students and preaching since 2001.

JMS’s house in Anshan, Liaoning was used as “Providence” base. More than 1500 people came here to worship JMS and listen to his sermons in the name of touring.
Not long after entering China, the influence of “Providence” had spread to some big cities like Beijing, Shanghai and reached even some colleges and universities in China. So far, JMS cult has had several terms of Chinese language training classes in China. Meanwhile, it was also secretly developing more followers in the name of doing business and organizing clubs.

“Mingxiang Taekwondo Center” was an organization used to cover its illegal activities. This organization had organized several street promotional activities in China to attract people interested in taekwondo. In Feb. 2007, JMS arranged several performances in some theaters in Beijing in the name of “ShiHe Culture Financial Group”. Before being arrested, JMS cult had developed several members secretly in Dandong, Liaoning and organized a couple of activities. As JMS said, he planned to have massive preaching activities after the Beijing Olympics. Luckily, he failed.
JMS took young students as the main developing target; his main crime goes to deceiving for money and defrauding women. It was destroying families and doing harm to the society. Then, why were so many college students defrauded? How did JMS control those college students mentally? We interviewed Professor Wang Yusheng, secretary of anti-cult association.

“In fact, all the leaders of cults know the illegality of what they are doing, so they have to take some measures to hide that fact. They usually have activities in the name of religion or culture. JMS was good at this. He didn’t only defraud in the name of religion, but also hide the nature of the cult in the name of cultural groups and social organizations.”

Violent and psychological threats were the basic ways to control followers. JMS Cult had complete inner registration material. The content covered the basic information of the members, their family information, their performance in the cult, the number of new members they developed and their loyalty to JMS. We can say that once you joined the cult your actions are completely under JMS’s control. Miss Huang was such an example. 28-year-old Miss Huag used to be deeply obsessed about “Providence”, she had even left home for it, but when she realized that she should leave JMS Cult; she was immediately kidnapped by three other JMS members at the door of her home.

H: “I struggled for a period, and later I got rid of it completely. I felt I could live well without JMS Cult. So I said I was not going anymore. Then I was beaten without any reason and thrown into the car.”
Miss Huang guessed it was because she used to live with JMS for a period of time.
H: “I guess JMS was afraid that I would tell others all what I know.”
J: “What do you know?”
H: “About his relation with those women, because I used to be one of them, I mean, his lovers, so he has to get me back to reduce his worry.”

Different from Miss Huang, other followers said that JMS called himself Jesus, and god allowed him to have all the women in the world, whoever refuses to be his woman would get in bad luck.
 “They cursed that we would die in two years if we leave JMS cult. JMS often told us some cases about those who left the cult and suffered after that. For instance, someone was killed in traffic accident. What they said was so scary that I didn’t dare even to go out and pass the road alone.” 
Note: I have a copy of a sermon in which Jeong states just that, I'll post a link tonight

Professor Wang Yusheng :

“All cult organizations have a very strict system; they have mental control of their members. JMS Cult was not an exception. JMS didn’t only brainwash its members with fallacies and absurdities, but also restricted their lives, firmly control the followers in the organization, never letting them get out.

February 08, 2010, 07:28:44 AM
Reply #6

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »
“Providence” activities were taken quite secretly. It was “ Mingyue Church” in Hong Kong, “ Chinese Christian New Age youth church” in Taiwan. And it had many other names in different regions.

In order to hide the truth, the JMS cult has another organization named “World peace cheerleader Association”, and JMS named himself chairman. More than 50 cultural and art groups in the world had joined this organization. In 2003, JMS organized a football game in Taiwan in the name of “World peace cheerleader Association”.

Many people didn’t know that they had joined cult since all the activities were taken in the name of culture, art or religion. “Providence” even had its own interior website, only those members whose ID had been checked could read the site. Those top students in famous universities were the main target of “Providence”. For example, in Japan, some members were from Tokyo University and Kyoto University, some were even college teachers. Some main members said: “after these top students graduate, they will work in the government or big companies, so they can help to get more donations and attract more members with their good images.”

“Providence” developed new members, especially female members in universities through having art and cultural activities. It had developed many college female students in the name of model competition in Taiwan.

“These female college students were defrauded due to these three main reasons: first, JMS knew that the college students were eager to win and to be superior. Only top students could join in Providence is a way to take use of this psychology of college students. Second, JMS gathered the new college students through art and cultural activities, so it would be difficult for them to get rid of ‘Providence’ after they knew the truth since they felt they’ve been reliant on other members and Providence, the organization itself. After long time brainwashing, those students gradually left their family, original friends and their original life.”
JMS said that all the members were picked out by god; therefore, all of them were special and elite. This was really appealing to college students.

Interviews:

“Those people who came to preach were from good schools, and they could always solve our problems satisfactorily. So we were gradually attracted by them.”
“If the followers were in good social status, others would be attracted unconsciously and easily.”

Providence promoted its heretical ideas in the name of teaching Korean. And most JMS Cult members in the universities would pretend to be members of clubs or unions to get close to more university students, especially when new students came. Providence attracted new students to some art or sports clubs and then invited them to the training classes and instilled them with Providence creeds. When they realized they were in Providence, they already had so many Providence friends, they lived in the base of Providence, and it became difficult for them to get rid of these friends and the control of providence.

Another victim:
“It should be called disguise strategy. They got close to students by organizing football, fishing, dancing, and climbing clubs which seem not suspicious at all. They chose some students from them and make them join providence..

Piao Xiuzheng joined providence at the beginning of her university life. She was not going well with others because of her individualism at that time. Some JMS Cult followers told her that she couldn’t overcome this problem if she didn’t believe in “providence”.
“They were so kind to me, I didn’t join JMS cult due to JMS, but because that those people surrounding him were so kind to me. They took care of me just like my mother, I was moved and I decided to join providence.”

Piao Xiuzheng told us that there were many people who developed mental disorders like her in JMS cult. All of them have astonishing experience; they were just like those people on the newspapers who suffered a lot. For example, someone’s father got schizophrenia, someone’s father beat his wife in front of his children. Not all the members have these experiences though; I think they wanted to attract more people who got these troubles. They even said you couldn’t really understand providence, if you had never suffered..

As for this, psychologists point out that students are stressed with their study, they got affective disorder easily. When they got mental problem or felt depressed, they would turn to religion for help. Once they joined, they wouldn’t have personal freedom any more. “Providence” even made followers believe that parents were evil, and asked them to get far away from their parents and friends. So they had to be supported by providence. Gradually, the followers found that they were so tired to live, and they couldn’t make any simple personal decision. They respond slowly to the exterior world. And after long time brainwashing, the followers become be afraid of life outside Providence because they were afraid of being cursed. Once joined providence, some young Christians couldn’t identify the truth, they indulged in it and couldn’t get rid of it.

Some followers said they were forced to work very late, and get up early to listen to JMS's sermons. They lost judgment gradually and were controlled by Providence.
Mr. Lee’s daughter, who was quite beautiful, joined Providence when she was a freshman in her university, and she began to have conflict with her family, and even left home. Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee had to lock her in her room.

Victim’s father:
“I want to kill JMS, my heart is completely broken. He took my daughter’s soul and ruined our family.”

JMS defrauded the followers and departed them from their pursuit of the real life, happiness with their families and friends.

The nature of cults:
1). Absolute worship to the hierarch
2) Strict mental control to the followers
3).seriously unethical
4). Collect money by fair means or foul.

To against cults, you should
1). Don’t go to the school abroad with cult background
2). Don’t read cult books or other propaganda
3). Don’t take cult activities.
4). Call the police when any cult activity is discovered

JMS is now punished by law and what we should do is remove the scales from our eyes and identify the nature of cults.

February 08, 2010, 11:22:31 PM
Reply #7

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
Thanks for the translation Sarah

February 09, 2010, 11:47:08 AM
Reply #8

Offline shadow

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Yes, thanks.  This is great!

July 23, 2015, 09:23:46 PM
Reply #9

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 09:23:46 PM »
Different from Miss Huang, other followers said that JMS called himself Jesus, and god allowed him to have all the women in the world, whoever refuses to be his woman would get in bad luck.
 “They cursed that we would die in two years if we leave JMS cult. JMS often told us some cases about those who left the cult and suffered after that. For instance, someone was killed in traffic accident. What they said was so scary that I didn’t dare even to go out and pass the road alone.” 
Note: I have a copy of a sermon in which Jeong states just that, I'll post a link tonight.
Five and a half years later, here is the excerpt I mentioned. It come froms the March 7, 2004 Sunday message. It is yet another example of the allegations being consistent with what the cult teaches:
And when she asked other people if they saw the Holy Spirit that day, she realized that no one else has seen the Holy Spirit that day except her. So I told this person "Since you saw the Holy Spirit, now your responsibility is to bring many many people and treat them like a mother will treat her children. However, although she was diligent with her faith, she failed to live with all her heart, soul and mind in a way that she should have lived. And one day, she died in a car accident.

That particular day, I told everybody to come to Bo-Ra-Mae Park because I was going to give a leaders' education. And I told everyone to come. But instead of coming to the Bo-Ra-Mae park, she was on her way to learn how to do make-up. So she got up early in the morning, put on some really nice clothes and headed to make-up class and that's when she died. She was in the modeling department. The taxi driver was physically hurt terribly, and that's why he died. She was on the other hand, did not have a severe injury. However, she also died in the car accident.