Advanced Search

Author Topic: Jan 2004: JMS Woman Tortured For 10 days & Murdered by 6 Fellow Members  (Read 5008 times)

December 12, 2006, 01:41:36 PM
Read 5008 times

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
Date: Feb 1, 2004

http://antijms.or.kr/~justally/frame.htm (go to bulletin boards) is reporting a member of JMS has been killed by fellow members...

A female, who is only known by her family name - Son, was found dead on Jan. 12th in City of Po-Hang, Kyung-sang-book-do. Local police said the dead female belonged to JMS church. Authority arrested killers and they were also the members of this cult.

After the investigation, police concluded she was beatenup to death. The body was bruised all over and her skull was sunken. The full investigation found out the JMS members imprisoned Son in certain place for ten days. During this period of time, they gave her no food but kept on assault. They used a balk wound with wire to hit her. The wire was from clothes hangers. Son had a clear mark of this wire on her chest.

The JMS church denied with any of this crime. They simply said "We didn't know what happened."

Author: Peter
Date: Mar 29, 2004

Regarding the murder of a cult girl above,
the Korean Police sent me this:

Dear Peter

My name is Soo-bok,Lee. I work in Pohang Buk-Bu Police station. I'm replying back to you about the case of homicide(Death resulting from bodily injury) that you asked about on Feb.20.2004.
On jan.11.2004 there was a homicide which resulted to a death of a female due to six suspects brutally beating her in Pohang city.
The suspect of this homicide case were apprehended on Jan.11.2004 by detectives of Pohang Buk-Bu Police station.
Due to the protection of personal privacy, information (such as religion, name, etc) of victim and suspects can not be told.
Thank you.

December 12, 2006, 02:56:55 PM
Reply #1

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
One thing about posting these types of stories is it can give an inaccurate description of Providence. In some ways, a very accurate one, but the members will probably think they are being terribly misrepresented by stories like this. They are in the sense they will not be violent or abusive unless triggered by very specific things, like actions that threaten their faith in Jung or hurt Jung in some way, like getting him arrested. So if you know Providence members, you'll find it hard to believe they were all members of the religion. On the other hand, the stories don't misrepresent them, because I'm sure there are a lot of occurrences not recorded in the media. There's a story in Providence that some years ago one of Jung's bonbu (girl-servants, usually sex slaves) fell in love with one of his bodyguards, and they were caught. The guy was beaten near to death and the girl had to fast for half a month. I also remember reading that one of the EXODUS guys had his arm broken by members, and this post says the leader was also attacked: "Kim was even lynched to be torn in his face by one of Jung' bodyguards".

December 12, 2006, 04:09:35 PM
Reply #2

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
One thing about posting these types of stories is it can give an inaccurate description of Providence. In some ways, a very accurate one, but the members will probably think they are being terribly misrepresented by stories like this.

Yeah, that's the paradox of such a terribly destructive cult being full of good people.
Cults do attract idealistic people looking to make a difference in this world, and cult's exploit such people as much as they can.
Being a cult member is really nothing to be ashamed of, you believed some well-told lies and hoped to make a better world, but in doing so you may have inadvertently helped a raper rape.

Like Aum Shinrikyo, most members had no idea about the sarin gas attacks, but it doesn't change the fact that a member of Aum is a member of a cult that put sarin gas on subways hoping to kill as many people as possible.
A member of Providence, however "good" they are, is still a person that wakes up everyday hoping to evangelize someone into a cult led by a fugitive suspected of being a serial rapist. That's not something I'd like on my resume.

I'm sure one of the best conversation stoppers in Japan is, "I was a member of Aum once."
Same in Korea - the letters JMS and the name Jeong Myung Seok are generally met with shock, horror, and disgust.