Advanced Search

Author Topic: Jung Myung Seok's trial dates for the month of April.  (Read 16010 times)

April 17, 2008, 07:27:36 PM
Read 16010 times

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
Jung Myung Seok's trial dates for the month of April.
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
Trial Venue: Seoul Central District Court.

April 14, 2008  14:00 seogwan ho (criminal) court; court room number 418.

April 18, 2008 14:00 seogwan (criminal) court; court room number 418.

April 21 14:00 seogwan (criminal) court; court room number 418.

April 23 16:00 seogwan (criminal) court; court room number 418

April 28 14:00 seogwan (criminal) court; court room number 418

Wednesday, April 30 16:00 seogwan (criminal) court; court room number 418

Lawyers of Jung Myung Seok:

Firms the right (Lawyer - jeongikwoo, gimhanyong)

Volcanic firms (Lawyer - yunwoojeong, yiyeonrang)

Kay ssiel firms (Lawyer - goyoungju, hamgwiyong, yiseongbok)

23 lawyers, gimhyeonmi (resignation)

---Once I get some time off from work, I'll make sure to translate the summary of the trial which took place on April 14, 2008.-------

April 18, 2008, 06:33:06 PM
Reply #2

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
Re: Jung Myung Seok's trial dates for the month of April.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »
I think it is. 

Members of exudos as well as JMS members were in the court room, so I think it's open to public. 

April 20, 2008, 02:24:23 PM
Reply #3

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »
I think it is. 

Members of exudos as well as JMS members were in the court room, so I think it's open to public. 

Thanks, I can definitely make one of those sessions.

April 24, 2008, 06:24:11 PM
Reply #4

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
April 18, 2008

Members of Exodus entered the courtroom safely by the assistance of court security.  (On April 14 trial, the members of Exodus were threathen by JMS members who attended the trial as well. So this was necessary.)  During the trial, the prosecutor submitted various evidence against Jung Myung Seok, including Jung's statements which police obtained from interrogations.

The prosecutor placed suspicion on the excuse that he used to escape from Korean police by submitting data entry and departure, which clearly showed that he didn't return to Korean after he left in 2001.

The prosecutor also wanted to summit a video of Jung's interrogations-- which were conducted by the prosecutor after he was extradicted from China-- in order to show the inconsistencies in Jung's statements.  During his second interrogation, he admitted to the rape allegation that transpired in Hong Kong, and he also admitted hugging a naked female follower of his church.  However, during the third interrogation, he changed his statement by saying "She only slept in my arms; I  only handed a soap to a female follower that was taking a bath in my bathroom."

Jung's defense team argued that those statements were made under duress, and that the police threathen Jung that they would send him back to China if he didn't say those exact words. (Are you telling me that intimidation works against the man who is supposed to be the second coming of you know who?  lol WDF?  Well, this shows that he ain't much of anything.  I'd like to know what, ho myung, Ralph, and the rest of the American MS brainless idiots have to say about this.  Seriously, I'd like to know.   :-[)

--well, this is basically what happend at Jung's April 18 trial--

April 25, 2008, 07:30:37 AM
Reply #5

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 07:30:37 AM »
Wow. thanks so much for that. Fascinating stuff!

The prosecutor placed suspicion on the excuse that he used to escape from Korean police by submitting data entry and departure, which clearly showed that he didn't return to Korean after he left in 2001.

Do you know what his excuse was? He told his followers that God told him to spread his "word" overseas...Oh god it would be funny of he used that excuse in court!

JMS members threatened Exodus members.. what a truly disgusting bunch of people.

I hope the whole lot of them end up in jail :P

April 25, 2008, 05:14:53 PM
Reply #6

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 05:14:53 PM »
"missionary work"   ;)

April 25, 2008, 06:21:02 PM
Reply #7

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »
More from Jung's trial.........

The following is the Jung's statements from his first interrogation:

*Two victims of Jung in 2003:  He stated that he had invited the two victims into his bedroom around 11 pm, after Sunday mass and private meetings with his followers.  He had them in his bed left and right side of him, and stated that he hugged them both.

*He insisted that he doesn't have a private bathroom in his bedroom-- but later it was discovered that he does have one in his bedroom.

*Regarding one of the victims of Jung in 2006:  Jung admitted hugging one of the female followers from jun la without wearing anything--specifically, without his pants and underware but later he claimed that he had a towel around his lower body--for 10 seconds.  He also admitted in saying "do you feel it?" to the victim.

*He also admitted giving a bath to one of the victims from jun la: He soaped her and rinsed her with an extention shower head.   

Jung's attorneys despicable defense to these statements:

No matter what the circumstances were, the victims were the followers of Jung Myung Seok.  They believed the defendant as their savior and followed him staunchly; if that belief made them to do whatever the defendant asked them to do, and refrained them from refusing to have a sexual intercourse with the defendant. Even though The defendant's conduct merits criticisms and should be considered as immoral; however this can't be constituted as rape nor sexual assult, because it wasn't forced and no physical coercion was used.  Therefore, it is not prosecutable.    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

April 25, 2008, 09:07:55 PM
Reply #8

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »
No matter what the circumstances were, the victims were the followers of Jung Myung Seok.  They believed the defendant as their savior and followed him staunchly; if that belief made them to do whatever the defendant asked them to do, and refrained them from refusing to have a sexual intercourse with the defendant. Even though The defendant's conduct merits criticisms and should be considered as immoral; however this can't be constituted as rape nor sexual assult, because it wasn't forced and no physical coercion was used.  Therefore, it is not prosecutable.    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I cannot believe I just read that

But interesting, it sounds like an admission from his lawyers that Jung did have sex with followers.

And as disgusting as their defence is, - and I guess they're just doing their job - it is worth noting that even his lawyers think him an asshole.

I wonder what the reaction from the gallery of follwers was to Jeong's own lawyers speaking of the immorality of Jeong?

Regarding PJ's reaction and the reaction from other senior American leaders... well it's interesting because the most senior members, PJ, Greg Moore, and Ralph we know for sure they have known about the rapes for a long time.  Of course they'll never admit to that on their sites, -- heavan forbid that such people should show some integrity and honesty -- but it does put them in a strange position. They know the rapes occurred, but probably still think them the will of God.  So on one hand they shouldn't be surprised because they know he raped women, and on the other hand they still think he should be found innocent because he is the messiah.  I kind of Orwellian double think where they think him both guilty and innocent at the same time.  ;)

What will their reaction be? I imagine it'll be the same as their reaction when he fled Korea and was later arrested.  Head-in-the-sand denial and outright lies to less senior members. As Freddie Mercury sang, "The Show Must Go On."  Keep airing those Sunday message PJ. Keep lying.. make the most of the power you have while you can, because for your little criminal cult, I think the end is near :P

April 26, 2008, 12:52:17 AM
Reply #9

Offline jc

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 12:52:17 AM »
Wow...

I hope these information are available.  Is there any TV news or documentary about the progress or proceeding of the trial?....

I read no Korean, and hence can't get info from antijms.net...  :'(

April 27, 2008, 11:27:25 PM
Reply #10

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »
Wow...
I hope these information are available.  Is there any TV news or documentary about the progress or proceeding of the trial?....

I thought the Japanese press would have been reporting on this, they've always seemed much more interested in the case than any other nation's media, including Korea's.

Perhaps there's Japanese stuff we haven't found yet?

April 28, 2008, 05:47:57 AM
Reply #11

Offline escaped-ms

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 05:47:57 AM »
Wow, my first post on this site...  :-\
I wish I could make one of those court dates. I'd be joining in on the obscene gestures to him.
Looking forward to reading more about what happens.

April 28, 2008, 12:53:48 PM
Reply #12

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
Thanks solidsnake, that's really interesting. I'm not surprised to read the defence though. I suppose it indicates there is enough evidence that Jung did have sex with his followers, and structured Providence towards that end, if the lawyers are admitting it. In that position that would be the defence I would make if I was a lawyer and for some reason wanted to defend Jung. I don't think there are many laws about psychologically manipulating people because it's not well understood. Providence members were manipulated to make consent, then had consensual sex (presumedly). If that's the case, then the question is whether or not the manipulation was illegal (or just immoral). Which is a question, unfortunately.

April 29, 2008, 03:59:18 PM
Reply #13

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »
Surely the phrase "manipulated consent" is an oxymorin?

I'd love to hear what Jeong's followers think of the defence and the admission that sex took place. Not so much the likes of PJ and Ralph who's blind devotion probably wouldn't be swayed by anything, but the less senior members, the ones who believed Jeong everytime he said he was a virgin.  Of course I doubt PJ would think such details are worth sharing with rank and file members.

Anyway... here's the official website of the court:
http://seoul.scourt.go.kr/main/Main.work

April 30, 2008, 07:21:28 AM
Reply #14

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 07:21:28 AM »

April 28 14:00 seogwan (criminal) court; court room number 418

Today's session has been postponed, I was all set to go as well.
I was really excited about going!

The May sessions haven't been confirmed yet, and I doubt I can get time off work to go.