Advanced Search

Author Topic: Life of Jung Myung Seok  (Read 10623 times)

March 13, 2007, 11:15:36 AM
Read 10623 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Life of Jung Myung Seok
« on: March 13, 2007, 11:15:36 AM »
The following "story" of Jung yung Seok's life was posted on the cult's Providence Trial website; they forgot to mention the rape charges (again). After 13 years researching this cult, I'm still flabbergasted at their lies and lies of omissions.

Life of Jung Myung Seok        

Update: Honestly, I don't know the reasoning behind it, but an American member sent a copyright complaint notice about this thread. He claims to the writer of that piece of propaganda, and he probably is. The material is still available on the cult's site above and the Internet archive links below. So instead of reading it here, click on the link above or on the following archived links:

I found two versions on the Internet Archive from October and November, 2008. I haven't looked for differences between the two and the current version. I recall some changes where made and RB noticed that one paragraph was deleted and then edited back in.
http://web.archive.org/web/20081018192842/http://providencetrial.com/about/41-life-of-jung-myung-seok.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20081121132042/http://www.providencetrial.com/about/41-life-of-jung-myung-seok.html

And some more here

April 19, 2007, 09:50:13 PM
Reply #1

Offline WasNotWas

• Lunch

• View Profile
Re: Life of Jung Myung Seok
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:50:13 PM »
Brilliant - try Googling The Open International University for Complementary Medicines. Result number 5, is about fake academic credentials:

A colleague determined that there was an 'OUI' in Sri Lanka, but it is called Open International University for complementary medicine, and it is not an accredited medical school.' For an additional fee of $400-US, outstanding students are awarded an M.D. (which is their abbreviation for Masters Degree) or other degrees such as B.Science, or extra credentials. (Parenthetical comment his.)

We were told that 'OIU' has additional prizes such as 'the Albert Schweitzer Award and Knighthood' (for an additional fee of $400-US)." (Parenthetical comment his.)

So how much do we think that Jung paid for a whole doctorate? Can anyone in Providence use Google? Could he not afford the fee for a knighthood? You really couldn't make this stuff up.

April 01, 2016, 12:31:30 PM
Reply #2

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Life of Jung Myung Seok & His Fake Ph.D
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »
So how much do we think that Jung paid for a whole doctorate? Can anyone in Providence use Google? Could he not afford the fee for a knighthood? You really couldn't make this stuff up.
Here's an article about the institute that "granted" Jeong a Ph.D. that answers your question. lol.

Sri Lankan Doctorates For Sale in B'lore
“The fee is `50,000 and it is negotiable. You can get a PhD certificate in one month. If you wish to go in depth, you’ll get a certificate in two months, with a seal from OIUCM,” said Dr A R Samiullah, the institute’s president. ...

The Sri Lankan High Commission in Delhi informed Express OIUCM was not registered with the University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka. Even Dr N J Nonis, registrar of the Sri Lanka Medical Council, said OIUCM and its degrees were not recognised.

Dr Prashanth Shetty, principal of SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences in Ujire, said he had heard about OIUCM and its activities in India. “It is a fake university. They provide MD degrees in naturopathy and acupuncture in three to six days,” he said. “I hope the law takes its course.”  He was concerned about the quacks practising on the basis of such MDs.