Advanced Search

Author Topic: Jung Myung Seok Hiding in Costa Rica?  (Read 18176 times)

February 11, 2007, 11:44:39 PM
Read 18176 times

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
Jung Myung Seok Hiding in Costa Rica?
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »
Asahi TV in Japan speculated that Jung Myung Seok could be hiding at a sumptuous resort in Coast Rica.  Asahi TV firmly believes that Jung somehow went into Coast Rica through Mexico's route that leads into Coast Rica.  The authorities in Coast Rica are currently searching Jung in various resorts in Coast Rica, and also the Japanese police has been dispatched to Coast Rica in search of Jung.

Source:http://imnews.imbc.com/news/world/1498243_1502.html

A few weeks ago, during one of his daily morning messages Jung said, "It's cold there isn't it?  It's hot where I'm staying, so I only sleep with a thin blanket and also because I can't be lazy.  A man of mission always has to be on alert, understand?"  (A part of morning message I received from a now ex member of JMS)

Can this be true?   Is Jung really in Coast Rica?  It's highly plausible that he is no longer in Hong Kong, since it has become increasingly dangerous for him to get caught there.

February 12, 2007, 12:07:43 AM
Reply #1

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Jung Myung Seok hiding in Coast Rica?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:07:43 AM »
I did hear a rumour a few weeks ago that Jung left China on a boat before the new year, but I didn't want to post a rumour,

Interesting development.

It's good to know the Japanese sent police officers - I hope the Korean police are doing likewise (the Korean police who aren't cult members)

February 14, 2007, 08:24:40 AM
Reply #2

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile

February 14, 2007, 08:44:39 AM
Reply #4

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:44:39 AM »
Japanese news:
mms://wmt-od.stream.ne.jp/ntv/news/070210029_300k.wmv

February 14, 2007, 08:57:46 AM
Reply #5

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:57:46 AM »
More Japanese news
mms://wmt-od.stream.ne.jp/ntv/news/070206039_300k.wmv

February 14, 2007, 09:20:22 AM
Reply #6

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 09:20:22 AM »

February 14, 2007, 01:02:24 PM
Reply #7

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »
RB, you're a legend!
I put the longer video and another on YouTube for easier access.

And it's not really news, but there have been people from Costa Rica checking out our sites over the past few days.

I think we're in for an exciting week.

I'm looking forward to spending the weekend updating and expanding things :)

February 14, 2007, 01:34:02 PM
Reply #8

Offline rb

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 01:34:02 PM »
I found them on antijms.net.

The pic in this one is funny: http://www.teletica.com/archivo/tn7/nac/2007/02/09/16201.htm

I just noticed it's an edited version of the snap I took for Wikipedia!! Wow, feels good to be contributing :)

February 19, 2007, 02:49:16 AM
Reply #9

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 02:49:16 AM »
I just noticed it's an edited version of the snap I took for Wikipedia!! Wow, feels good to be contributing :)

Congrads!
I did notice a few people from Costa Rica clicking on the homepage link from the wiki pages you made.
It's nice to know we aren't operating in a vacuum! 
Some of the other photos in the latest news vid, they might have come from our sites as well.

March 03, 2007, 10:15:07 PM
Reply #10

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »
translation of TV asahi news clip.......

Key points in the news clip.

Jung Myung Seok, the president of a cult known as “Providence” who is an international fugitive for committing sexual offenses against his female followers is believed to be hiding in Costa Rica.

The Costa Rica police department initiated a search for Jung Myung Seok on a mass scale.

Police officials were dispatched to a quiet beach resort called “Coco” following a tip that a suspicious Asian resembling Jung was spotted. The police officials began door to door search and blocked all exits of the town including the roads, but their investigation wasn’t successful.

The police doesn’t know the exact location of Jung as of this moment, but they informed us that they will expend their search area and continue their search in Jung.

Translation done by my Japanese pal.

Another news of Jung hiding in Costa Rica reported by a respected Korean news agency.

http://imnews.imbc.com.news.world/1498243_1502.html

Copy “정명석” and paste into the search box located in the upper right part.

Click on the first article to read the following article. It also has a few videos talking about Jung, so check it out.

From IMBC...

JMS 정명석 코스타리카 잠입

여신도에 대한 성폭행 혐의 등으로 국제수배 중인 신흥 종교집단 JMS의 교주 정명석씨가 중미의 코스타리카에 잠입한 것으로 보인다고 일본의 TV 아사히 방송이보도했습니다.

TV아사히는 정명석씨가 멕시코에서 육로로 코스타리카로 입국했다는 정보에 따라 현지 이민국과 국가보안국 요원이 소재를 수사하고 있다고 전했습니다.

코스타리카 당국은 요원 70여명을 동원해 정명석씨가 목격된 북서부 지역의 고급 휴양지에서 지난 8일부터 조사 활동을 벌이고 있습니다.

이에 앞서 이달 초에도 TBS 등 일본 방송들은 정명석씨가 코스타리카에 나타났다는 제보가 잇따라 현지 경찰이 수사에 들어갔다고 보도했습니다.

(Translation of the above article)
TV ASahi reported that Jung Myung Seok, the president of a religious organization known as JMS, and an international fugitive wanted for rape is believe to be hiding in Costa Rica.

TV Asahi got a tip that Jung myung Seok got into Costa Rica through a land route from Mexico, which instigated the immigration officials as well as Costa Rica’s defense security service agents to investigate on Jung Myung Seok’s whereabouts.

70 agents were dispatched by Costa Rica government to the luxury resort area located in Northwestern part of Coast Rica, where Jung myung Seok was last seen.

Even before Asahi TV's report of Jung, several Japanese news agencies such as TBS reported the appearance of Jung Myung Seok in Costa Rica, which prompted Costa Rica police to investigate on Jung Myung Seok’s whereabouts.

Translation done by my Korean dude.

March 03, 2007, 10:57:29 PM
Reply #11

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 10:57:29 PM »
Thanks!

That wiki post by Naomi was interesting, I wonder why she wanted the Costa Rican reference dropped?
Is it because she knows he was really there?
Or perhaps she's shaken up because she has no idea where he is?
Is she unsettled at the possibility he was staying at a luxury resort after telling his followers he lives alone in a shack?
Either way, if she did know where he was, she sure wouldn't add it to the wiki page.

March 03, 2007, 11:28:33 PM
Reply #12

Offline solidsnake

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 11:28:33 PM »
which one is Naomi?

March 04, 2007, 12:05:08 AM
Reply #13

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 12:05:08 AM »
which one is Naomi?

I'm guessing that Utpional is Naomi, given the work she is currently doing on the www.providencetrial.com site.
Uptional doesn't sound like PJ, and Ralph gets hot headed too easily.  I don't think there are many other people the cult would let have constant exposure to the weeds.  If I was a betting man, I'd bet my house that Uptional is Naomi.

I don't know much about her other than that's she's a senior American member, perhaps No2 behind PJ.
She's been in Providence a long while.

March 04, 2007, 08:06:01 PM
Reply #14

Offline WasNotWas

• Lunch

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 08:06:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Naomi is going under the name Uptional.

Who's doing the angry posting on the talk page? IMHO there's no point in having a go at brainwashed cult members, it just reinforces their mindset.

However frustrating they get, it's better to just give them enough rope and then point out what they are saying is nonsense, than allow yourself to get angry. However much we legitimate reasons to get angry at them, especially the senior members who are culpable in recruiting people & assisting Jung, just remember that it doesn't help. Don't get mad - get smart
  :)