Advanced Search

Author Topic: Hyung-jin Moon & His Weapons  (Read 348 times)

February 26, 2018, 08:55:03 AM
Read 348 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Hyung-jin Moon & His Weapons
« on: February 26, 2018, 08:55:03 AM »
Some Moonie watchers have been noting Hyung-jin's growing and bizarre fascination with guns for I think around 6 months now. The blog How Well Do You Know You Moon? first posted about the guns in May 2017.

I saved a few photos a while ago, but didn't get around to posting them. Now that he's making news for his interest in guns and the more central role guns are playing in his church, I think it's time to start a thread here. For now, here are some recent articles, and I'll post the photos I saved soon. An Image Google search brings up some of the photos I have in mind.

Feb. 9: Anti-LGBT Cult Leader Calls on Followers to Purchase Assault Rifles (Southern Poverty Law Center)

Feb. 20: Pennsylvania Church Plans to Bless Worshipers’ Assault Rifles (Fox2 Now)
Pennsylvania Church to Bless Couples Toting AR-15 Rifles (The New York Times - AP) Also available here.
Church Encourages Couples to Bring AR-15 Rifles to be Blessed (New York Post)
Local Church to Hold Four-Day Celebration of Assault Rifles (The Pike County Courier)

Feb. 21: Church Asks Worshippers To Bring AR-15 Rifles For Blessing Ceremony Near Elementary School (Newsweek)
Church Run by Son of Moonies Founder Invites Worshippers to Bring Assault Weapons to Service (Independent)
Poconos Church to Bless Couples Toting AR-15 Rifles; National Church Leader Wears Crown, Keeps Rifle on Desk (The Morning Call)
PA Church Plans to Bless Assault Rifles, Associates Them With Return of Christ (The Hill)

Feb. 23: Outrage After Church Invites Parishioners to Bring in their AR-15 Assault Rifles to be Blessed Amid Gun Control Debate After Florida Shooting (The Sun)

Feb. 24: Blessing of AR-15-Bearing, Crowned Couples Expected to Draw 600 to PA (Lehigh Valley Live)
Hundreds Attend Gun Rights Dinner Thanking President (WNEP)

Feb. 28: Worshippers Clutching AR-15 Rifles Hold Commitment Ceremony (CTV News)
Couples Lug AR-15 Assault Rifles to Pennsylvania Church Blessing (Yahoo News)
Church Blesses Members & Their Guns (CBS News)

March 1: Pennsylvania Couples Clutching AR-15 Rifles Renew Wedding Vows (CNN)