Advanced Search

Author Topic: Death of a SCJ Member - Parents Responsible?  (Read 743 times)

January 30, 2018, 05:12:54 AM
Read 743 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Death of a SCJ Member - Parents Responsible?
« on: January 30, 2018, 05:12:54 AM »
I saw this press release from SCJ last week, but wasn't sure if it was describing a real event - the death of a young member at the hands of her parents while they tried to get her out of the cult through an enforced intervention. I thought it might have been a fiction aimed at instilling more fear of the outside world and a fear of going back to parents. Broken families are a hallmark of SCJ. Also, since no mention was made of SCJ, I felt that was a further indication the account wasn't legit.

But Korean articles about the death are starting to appear. Since sources beyond SCJ are reporting it, I can only conclude the death actually happened. Well, that article also seems to have a SCJ slant.

I asked a Korean friend who is very knowledgeable about SCJ. He said he's not sure of the surrounding circumstances and if an intervention attempt was made without consent, but he said it seems that a young woman did die and that her parents are in some way responsible.

And SCJ protests took place yesterday (Jan 28) in Seoul and around the country. Here are some videos. I'm not sure if SCJ hid its name as it often does, but the rallies bear all the hallmarks of SCJ events. 

February 04, 2018, 06:25:09 AM
Reply #1

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Death of a SCJ Member - Parents Responsible?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:25:09 AM »
Feb. 1: 사이비 신천지 논쟁으로 뜨거운 청와대 게시판 (Naver News)

Google Translation:
Cheong Wa Dae (The President of Korea's Residence aka The Blue House) bulletin board is hot in the debate on 'Shincheonji'.

Currently, there is a national petition in the Cheong Wa Dae National Communicative Plaza called 'Please punish pseudo-religion', 'Please enact special law to prevent pseudo-religious damage', and 'Please arrest forcibly converted pastor'.

The hottest topic is the petition of 'Forced Converts Pastors'.

As of 17:00, a total of 316,000 people agreed and 226,000 people opposed the petition, demanding that the minister, who is presumed to be Shinchonji Shinto, arrest a forcible convertor last month.

This petition informs of the unfairness of forced conversion by Shinchonji Shrine A who died last month due to conflict with his parents.

Most of those in favor of redress forcible pastors claimed to "redeem the murderer forcible pastor".

Those who oppose it are saying that the term 'forced minister' is a term created in Shinchonji, and it is contradictory that Sinchonji, which encouraged family destruction, was forced to convert.

"I am angry at the dualistic behavior of Sinchonji, who claims to be forced to convert as a parent of freedom of religion as a parent who has suffered in order to save his daughter who is falling into the conditional deadline of the Shinchonji" "What can the government do in front of a huge incident that took the life of a daughter trying to save her daughter in poverty?"

In addition, a nurunmer urged, "The happy family is disbanded because of the pseudonym, and the young people are wasting their life abandoning their studies."

On the contrary, the petition titled "Please punish the pseudo-religion" sent by the Shinchonji victims began on the 20th of last month and now has 3,900 people.

In the petition, "the family is being destroyed because of the pseudo-religion," he said. "I am embarrassing people by means of the eternal immortality method and disturbing the family and the society."

He added, "Shinchonji is a victim of the Cheong Wa Dae petitioning the Blue House and using commentary units as if the pastors are forcibly converted into money."

In addition, the Cheong Wa Dae bulletin board has also received a petition titled, "Please establish a special law to prevent pseudo-religious damage." The petition, which was posted on the 21st last month, pointed out the danger of the fraud in Shinchonji and called for the establishment of the "Anti-Fraud Act", which states that if a religious organization engages in missionary activities, it should disclose the identity of the religious organization.

In addition, he added that the victim, who was victimized by a certain pseudo-religious religion, should be provided with a "compensation law," which would require compensation for physical and psychological damage to pseudo-religion.

As of 17:00 on the day of this petition, 770 people agreed.

Cheong Wa Dae, meanwhile, is reported to have confirmed the fact that the people's petition related to Shinchonji is continuing, and is concerned about the destruction of the family.