Advanced Search

Author Topic: PRI Piece: This apocalyptic Korean Christian group goes by different names.  (Read 82 times)

July 12, 2017, 12:12:01 AM
Read 82 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
July 11, 2016: This apocalyptic Korean Christian group goes by different names. Critics say it's just a cult.

Lee is keen to mention that he has composed a formal declaration for the end of all global war. The text of the declaration is carved into a large stone tablet in his back yard.
lol.

July 16, 2017, 06:42:21 AM
Reply #1

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Interview with Michelle Chang. Interesting hearing her justify hiding the name Shinchonji. She obfuscates the definition of the word cult, perhaps not deliberately - I'm sure she's just repeating what she's been told, and it's a common tactic used by cults. She is also asked about Lee's book The Creation of Heaven and Earth and she is asked about the broken up families. She denies Shinchonji is to blame. And of course, she essentially admits she believes Lee is immortal. Wow.

https://soundcloud.com/theworld/michelle-chang-discusses-shinchonji

When I ask Michelle Chang if she thinks Lee is immortal, she says, “I believe that God has the power to grant eternal life to those he chooses.” 

“It sounds like the answer is, ‘yes,’” I say. “Yes,” Chang says.