Advanced Search

Author Topic: Some information I have of the Chinese Providence branches  (Read 152 times)

July 09, 2017, 10:59:36 PM
Read 152 times

Offline lulu

• View Profile
Some information I have of the Chinese Providence branches
« on: July 09, 2017, 10:59:36 PM »
Christianity was not very prominent in China with the state's control of its population in the past.

There are many underground churches in China and especially after the airing of the JMS documentary on Chinese national television, Providence China has mostly kept a low profile.

Most mainland Chinese members joined Providence after being evangelized in South Eastern countries like Malaysia and Singapore where many Chinese go to, for work or studies due to the common language they share.

This handful number of members return to China and work on spreading Providence there.

I do not see Providence being able to rise in China. The popularity of K-Culture might work in favor for them though.

August 23, 2017, 02:03:45 PM
Reply #1

Offline emmy

• View Profile
Re: Some information I have of the Chinese Providence branches
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »
Hey lulu, I didn't know that there was a JMS documentary broadcast in Chinese national TV! I heard that there was a JMS documentary in 1999 that lost a lawsuit for defamation though. Is it the same? I've was studying in Korea and have a close friend who is in JMS and she tried to evangelism me but... you know.

September 14, 2017, 01:56:07 PM
Reply #2

Offline lulu

• View Profile
Re: Some information I have of the Chinese Providence branches
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
Hi emmy,

I would love to hear more your experience and about your friend :)
Feel free to PM me!

Heres the link to the discussion about that chinese documentary which was aired in 2009 supposedly.

http://jmscult.com/forum/index.php?topic=556.new#new