Advanced Search

Author Topic: 2006 Blog Post:  (Read 713 times)

January 25, 2017, 08:48:50 PM
Read 713 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
2006 Blog Post:
« on: January 25, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »
From some 11 years ago is a blog post by blogger and radio host Cousin Creep about the JMS Cult in the US. He managed to find and talk to a former member. While Cousin Creep's older posts are no longer online, his blog is still up here: http://www.cousincreep.com/

I had a link on my old site and I posted it on the Exodus site here, but I think I neglected to post it here.

Jeong Myeong-Seok The Korean Sex Messiah

Move over Reverend Moon thereís a new self proclaimed Korean Messiah and heís wanted by the law. Instead of being wanted for tax evasion (like Rev Moon) this Messiah is on the Interpool list for being a smutty snuff buff. Enter Jeong Myeong-Seok the latest in what seems a new stereotype that cults from Korea seem to be headed by self proclaimed Messiahs. Jeong Myeong-Seokís group is called JMS established in 1980 which uses the names Jesus Morning Star (JMS), International Christian Association (ICA) and Global Association Of Culture & Peace (GACP).

Allegations have appeared over the past few years that Jeong Myeong-Seok has been rapping/molesting female members under the guise that having with the self proclaimed Messiah helps you to enter heaven. In September of 2001 Jeong Myeong-seok was charged with sexual assault by the Korean government and left the country. He moved to Taiwan, Hong Kong & later China where he continues to sexual abuse members of JMS.

On April 18, 2006 Four South Korean women have accused Jeong Myeong-seok the leader of the new religious organization JMS, of rape. This complete story can be viewed here .

The JMS story has been featured on Korean media yet internationally itís been quite obscure and English language website few and far between. The JMS story has been featured on Korean media yet internationally itís been quite obscure and English language website few and far between. There is an English language bulletin board which has been following the JMS saga for a number of years (run by an Australian living in Korea).

JMS has branches in Hawaii, LA, Chicago & NY under the name Providence Church. I managed to contact an ex member of this group and found that these fronts for JMS use Soccer, Hip Hop Dancing and Musicians to recruit new members into JMS through the Providence Church. What those children think is only a recreational Providence Church activity is actually a recruitment drive for JMS cult.

I managed to contact a girl by the name of ďVanessa (not her real name) who was once involved in the Providence Church/JMS.

There are churches in Los AngelesÖÖ Chicago was down to earth and fun. New York has some musicians. Those are the three main ones in the U.S. Chicago is the most fun. Los Angeles does a lot of sports and dancing recruiting. Chicago does soccer recruiting. Thatís how I got in.

Our pastors were Korean. Also, people who had completed the 30 lessons and had been in the church for several years could minister. So it wasnít segregated. Also, women could pastor on Sunday. It was non-sexist in some ways, which is hard to find in churches. Also, they were accepting of my bodybuilding as a woman. Thatís hard to find in regular churches. They also promoted soccer and encouraged me to do hip-hop dance. I appreciate that. I became a really good dancer, and felt good about myself during this time.

I researched them on the net, and I found out they were a cult. I never really got into the whole JMS being messiah thing. I just liked the lessons and fun activities. They are fun when they donít go rabid. I would hang out with them if they werenít pushing the JMS thing so much. I donít believe this man is the Messiah. I researched extensively the difference between cults and churches. I researched JMS specifically and found out about the rapes. We never saw him in Chicago, but just heard his sermons. They were good sermons. I got pissed off about one or two sexist and anti-Semitic sermons. Iím half Jewish and a woman, and there were other fully Jewish people in the group. I have never practiced Judaism, but blood wise, I am part Jewish by nationality. Iím of Christian faith since 13, and never fully accepted JMS as a messiah.

So if youíre in the LA, Chicago or NY area and someone offers you some Hip Hop dancing lessons or ask you to join a Soccer Club just ask if theyíre from the Providence Church.