Advanced Search

Author Topic: Visiting The Lord's Church (JMS's Main Seoul Church) in Bundang  (Read 2077 times)

October 06, 2015, 02:09:30 PM
Read 2077 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Visiting The Lord's Church (JMS's Main Seoul Church) in Bundang
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:09:30 PM »
A former member gave me directions to JMS's main Seoul "church" a few months ago. I've been meaning to check it out for a while, but I only just found the time (and motivation) to visit yesterday.

As with other JMS "churches" and "churches" of Korea's equally notorious Shinchonji cult, there was no signage and certainly nothing to indicate a JMS church was inside. There is quite a large steeple, but all the usual identifying features of the JMS cult are absent. The church occupies the 4th and 5th floors. On the exterior along those floors, there is a noticeable absence of signage.

Inside on the ground floor next to the elevator there is mention of a church, but again any indication it is JMS is absent. I must be getting old because my nerve failed me as I approached the fourth floor. Once I snapped the last photo through the stairwell door that shows the cult's rural HQ Wolmyong Dong, I ran away. It was kind of spooky and sad to see members in person. I haven't come across members in person since Jeong's trial back in 2008. Unfortunately, it's a little far from home. If it wasn't, I'd probably spend all day in the cafe on the ground floor working on my site and reading JMS booklets. That cafe is cult member central on Sundays!