Advanced Search

Author Topic: Bill Cosby  (Read 4928 times)

July 18, 2015, 09:34:26 AM
Read 4928 times

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Bill Cosby
« on: July 18, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »
I've been thinking of creating a section on these forums devoted to sexual predators.

I've been bookmarking links about Bill Cosby since the end of last year when previous accusations against gained some serious social media and media attention.From the consistency of his accusers to attempts at maintaining his innocence by discrediting his victims. Like cult leaders, Bill used his position of power and influence to lure and then intimidate into his victims into silence. Such predators do not always claim to be God, yet rereading some of these articles, it's clear they're sometimes cut from the same cloth as your typical cult leader.

First up, Bill Cosby's website and his social media accounts. Like the JMS cult, the rape allegations are the enormous white elephant in the room that must not be mentioned. That's also consistent with Bill's refusals to discuss the accusations apart from comments aimed at disparaging his accusers, which is JMS in a nutshell:
Bill's Facebook
Bill on Twitter
Bill's Homepage

And I always enjoy browsing the news sections of sites operated by cults etc. Judging by the news page on Bill's site, you'd think he's had a quiet hardly-ever-in-the-news year.
Bill's News

2014:
November 16: The Stunning Fall of America’s Dad (Page Six)

November 13: Cosby Raped Me. Why Did it Take 30 Years for People to Believe My Story? (The Washington Post)

November 19: Cosby Declines To Comment On Sexual Assault Allegations In AP Interview (Huffington Post)
How Cosby’s Image Shielded Him from Claims of Rape (The Guardian)

November 24: Calling Out Cosby’s Media Enablers, Including Myself (The New York Times)
Hear Cosby Joke About Drugging Women in 1969 (Page Six):

Bill Cosby - Spanish Fly
November 26: Cosby Gave Interview to Keep Charges Secret (The New York Times)
Bill Cosby Mistress and Alleged Rape Victim Believes Her Daughter Is His (Gawker)
Bill Cosby's Children: The Troubles and Tragedy of a Famous Family (People)

November 29: Cosby’s Downfall was a Display of Social Media Power (SBS Australia)

December 13: Famed model Beverly Johnson Says Cosby Drugged Her

December 14: Bill Cosby Drugged Me. This Is My Story (Vanity Fair)

December 15: Cosby's Wife Invoked the Rolling Stone Sexual Assault Story to Defend Him (VOX)
Cosby Suggests That He’s The Real Victim (Think Progress)
Bill Cosby Urges Neutral Media Coverage After Sex Assault Allegations (ABC Australia)

December 16: Cosby's Wife Defends Husband Against Sex Assault Claims, Slams Media Coverage (ABC Australia)
Cosby Breaks His Silence (CNN)
Cosby's Youngest Daughter Leaps to Her Father's Defense (The Daily Mail)

December 17: US Prosecutors Will Not Charge Cosby Over 1974 Sex Assault Claim (ABC Australia)

December 18: LA Police to Launch Investigation as More Accusers Come Forward (International Business Times)

December 24: Cosby, Himself: Fame, Narcissism and Sexual Violence (The New Civil Rights Movement)

December 28: Cosby’s Investigators Dig Up Dirt on Rape Accusers (Page Six)
Cosby Paying Private Investigators 6-Figure Fees to Dig Up Dirt on Rape Accusers (Daily Mail)

December 29: Pulling Back The Curtain On Cosby’s Dirty PR Game (Think Progress)

July 18, 2015, 12:31:41 PM
Reply #2

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Bill Cosby
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »
A selection of supportive comments from Bill's Facebook page. Again, I'm reminded very much of the the attitudes of JMS members and members of other cults in similar situations:

July 20, 2015, 03:52:08 AM
Reply #3

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Bill Cosby
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 03:52:08 AM »
Some interesting discussions about the Cosby accusations. And while the names are different, most - if not all - of the discussions could be about JMS. Certainly the issues are the same: numerous consistent accusations, a man in a position of power and influence, etc. The main difference of course is that Jeong has been convicted of his crimes. Hoping Bill and his victims will likewise get their day(s) in court.

Dec. 26, 2015 Update: The videos have all been curiously set to private...

The Talk - Janice Dickinson Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape

The Talk - Bill Cosby's Shocking AP Interview

The Talk - Bill Cosby Latest Developments