Advanced Search

Author Topic: Some Thoughts & Links on Lawrence Wright's Going Clear  (Read 12559 times)

October 08, 2015, 09:38:39 PM
Reply #15

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: Some Thoughts & Links on Lawrence Wright's Going Clear
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »
September 30: Jim Carrey’s Scientologist Girlfriend On SRD When She Killed Herself (The Underground Bunker)

October 2: Jim Carrey's Late Girlfriend Was "Purified" Scientologist: Report (The Hollywood Reporter)
Did Bizarre Scientology Initiations Send Carrey’s Girl Over The Edge? (The Sun)
October 3: Going Clear Q&A: Mike Rinder & Sara Goldberg Take Heat From Scientologists (The Underground Bunker)
October 4: Meet The Young Hollywood Types Who Introduced Cathriona White to Scientology (The Underground Bunker)
October 5: Jim Carrey's Grief Complicated by Reports on Pills, Scientology (Mercury News)
Nicole Kidman Didn’t Know About Daughter’s Scientology Wedding (Page 6)
October 6: Scientology Spied On Jim Carrey To Get Him On ‘Purif,’ Says Former Exec. (The Underground Bunker)

October 7: Alex Gibney, Director of Going Clear, Awarded First Hitchens Prize for Journalism (Vanity Fair)
Inside the Fascinating Oscar-Season Subplot Involving Scientology (Vanity Fair)
Scientology Ramps Up Going Clear Smear Campaign, Targets Academy Members (The Hollywood Reporter)
Church of Scientology Targeting Oscar Voters, Says Going Clear Is A Propaganda Film (Entertainment Ireland)
Scientologists Deny Campaign Against Going Clear For Oscar Win (The Huffington Post)

October 8: Scientology Targeting Academy voters' in Bid to Stop Oscar Win (Daily Mail)
Tom Cruise Bracing For The Worst Over Leah Remini’s Scientology Tell-All: It Will Be Like A Nuclear Bomb (Radar Online)

October 11: Scientology's Smear Campaign Against HBO's Going Clear (WKBW Buffalo)

October 12: Leah Remini Takes Down Church of Scientology & Tom Cruise in New Book (The Daily Mail)

October 14: My Scientology Movie by Louis Theroux: 'I felt Like I’d Been Blooded' (The Guardian)
My Scientology Movie Review: Gloriously Funny (The Telegraph)
My Scientology Movie Review:Hysterically Funny (The Hollywood News)

October 16: Scientology Could Get Its Own Senator (The Daily Beast)
Irish Language Translators Concerned Over Scientology Links (RTE News)

October 17: My Scientology Movie Review (The Upcoming)

October 18: Letters: The New Theroux Scientology Documentary (Bluebell Digital)

October 19: Make it Big: Louis Theroux, Simon Chinn & My Scientology Movie (British Film Institute)
BFI London Film Fest Review: Louis Theroux Takes On Xenu With Documentary My Scientology Movie (Indie Wire Blogs)

October 22: Hague Court Deals Blow To Scientology Tax-Free Status (NL Times)

October 23: Dutch Court Revokes Scientology’s Tax-Exempt Status (Bluebell Digital)
Tony Ortega: Investigating the Church of Scientology (ABC Australia Radio)

October 25: Leah Remini Reveals Tom Cruise Reason Left Church (Daily Mail)

October 26: Scientology Trial Day 1: Money & Ethics (Byline)
Scientologists in Brussels Court on Fraud Charges (BBC)
Belgian Scientologists Go on Trial for Fraud and Extortion (The Guardian)

October 27: The Church of Sleep Deprivation: How Scientology Keeps Its Workers Compliant & Childless (The Raw Story)
Belgium Could Expel Church Of Scientology From Country (Huffington Post)

October 28: Troublemakers: The Women Who Won’t Keep Quiet About Scientology (The Underground Bunker)
Scientology Loses Tax Exemption in the Netherlands )Patheos)

October 30: Leah Remini Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop, Slamming Scientology (And We Love Her For It) (Pop Dust)
Column: The Well-Deserved Decline of Scientology (Daily Campus)

November 06, 2015, 11:58:29 AM
Reply #16

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 11:58:29 AM »
I don't know if I have the time to keep up with the flood of recent Scientology articles, but I'll try^:

November 1: Scientology Could Be Banned in Belgium as Church Goes on Trial for Criminal Activity (Vice News)
What We Learned About Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes & Scientology from Leah Remini’s 20/20 Interview (Washington Post)

November 2: Some Random Thoughts on Leah Remini (Mark Rinder's Blog)
Leah Remini: Katie Holmes Left Scientology to Protect Tom Cruise’s Daughter (Breitbart)

November 3: A Troublemaker Leaves Her Life In Scientology (NPR)
Inside Isabella Cruise’s Strained Relationship With Nicole Kidman (Radar Online)
Scientology “Dead Agents” Itself (Mike Rinder's Blog)

November 4: Going Clear Director Alex Gibney "Delighted" to See Leah Remini Speaking Out About Scientology (E Online)
Leah Remini & Paul Haggis' Scientology Sit-Down: 4 More Interesting Revelations You Need to Know (E Online)

November 5: True Fate of Scientology Leader David Miscavige’s Wife Could Bring Down Church for Good (Australia News)
Sitcom Star Leah Remini Slams Scientology (The Morning Show - Australia)

November 9: Why 2015 Has Been a Banner Year For Films About Abuse & Religion (Washington Post)

November 11: Alex Gibney: All of Us Can Be Captured by a Kind of Prison of Belief (Hollywood Reporter)

November 12: Tom Desperate To Sit Down With Oprah (Radar Online) I'm a little sceptical^

November 17: Court Rules Against Church of Scientology in Bizarre Case (Texas Lawyer)

November 23: Russian Court Bans Moscow Branch of the Church of Scientology (The Guardian)

November 25: Prosecutor: Shut Down Scientology in Belgium (Byline)

November 30: Tony Dovolani Says Scientology Members Followed Him To Get Information To Discredit Leah Remini (International Business Times)

December 3: What Led Alex Gibney & Lawrence Wright to Confront Scientology With Going Clear (The Hollywood Reporter)
Leah Remini’s Sister Says She Was Harassed By Scientologists (Radar Online)

December 9: Arcadia Woman Says Refusal to Learn Scientology Got Her Fired (Pasadena Star News)

December 16: Woman Drives into Church of Scientology, Claims Church is Evil (KXan)

December 18: Alex Gibney Reveals Scientology Intimidation (Screen Daily)

January 02, 2016, 02:10:41 PM
Reply #17

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 02:10:41 PM »
Former member Pete Griffith just shared on Facebook this gem of a quote from leader David Miscavige concerning the "great" year Scientology had in 2015. It is a perfect and hilarious example of the discrepancy between how cults are perceived by outsiders and the fiction those in leadership positions present to members:
“We’ve arrived at the close of an all but mythic year,” Mr. Miscavige began. “Not only a year equivalent to a thousand years of triumph, not only a year surpassing any since the first tick of time, but a year to remind us that time is quite easily compressed, especially when you’re working at warp speed. It was a year of upward mobility that takes us to the front porch of infinity.”

I still have a few articles bookmarked to add to the above collection, but surely 2016 can't be as full of events and news items as 2015? I'm hoping it won't be as keeping up with all the goings on in this one cult alone is starting to feel like a full-time job.