Advanced Search

Author Topic: Corrections and Articles Showing the Truth About EBC/Ahae/Yoo Byung-Eun  (Read 5295 times)

August 19, 2014, 10:17:16 AM
Read 5295 times

Offline oopark

• View Profile

Hi, while it will be impossible to fix all the false articles, I will add corrections and other articles showing the other side of the story through this thread.

Hopefully, this will give some insight to the truth.

If you need to discuss about these articles, I would appreciate it if you could use another discussion thread.

Thanks,

Oscar

August 19, 2014, 10:31:59 AM
Reply #1

Offline oopark

• View Profile
Re: Corrections and Articles Showing the Truth About EBC/Ahae/Yoo Byung-Eun
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »
Correction Article – EBC (Evangelical Baptist Church) has no connection with Odaeyang

Source: http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20140814001651289

Partial English Translation:

But confirming with the Evangelical Baptist Church, the Odaeyang incident has nothing to do with the church, and this has been confirmed on May 21st by prosecutors. Therefore, the original article has been corrected.

This press release was through the Press Arbitration Commission. (of Korea)

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20140814001651289

Original Korean:

[세월호 침몰] “청해진 해운 실소유주 ‘유병언’, 비리왕국 어떻게 경영했나” 관련 정정보도문

승인 [2014-08-14 17:12], 수정 [2014-08-14 18:04]

본 인터넷 신문은 지난 4월 23일자 홈페이지 사회면에 “청해진 해운 실소유주 ‘유병언’, 비리왕국 어떻게 경영했나”라는 제목으로 보도하면서 「’오대양사건’의 중심에 있는 ‘구원파(기독교복음례회) 운영 등 드러난 것만도 상당하다… 중량… 계열사의 임원 상당수가 1987년 ‘오대양사건’에 연류된 구원파 신도로 알려진 점이다」 라는 보도하였습니다.

그러나 기독교복음침례회 확인 결과, 오대양사건과 해당 교단은 무관하며, 이는 지난 5월 21일 검찰에서 오대양사건과 본 교단이 무관함을 확인해준 바 있습니다. 이에 해당 기사를 바로잡습니다.

이 보도는 언론중재위원회의 조정에 따른 것입니다.
<편집국>

August 19, 2014, 10:45:31 AM
Reply #2

Offline oopark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:45:31 AM »

Article - Yoo Seeking Asylum a Hoax, Turned Out To Be Prank Call

Source: http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/08/18/2014081803826.html

Partial Translation:

According to ChannelA, the person who called in to seek asylum on behalf of former President Yoo to a Seoul based foreign embassy was not related to former president Yoo nor Guwonpa.

At the time prosecutors announced that, "an unconfirmed person called a certain foreign embassy to seek Yoo Byung-Eun's political asylum but the embassy denied the asylum". The prosecutors, with cooperation from the embassy, confirmed the identity of that person but was found to have absolutely no connection with Guwonpa and it was a prank call."

Original Korean:

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/08/18/2014081803826.html

지난 6월 초 유병언 전 세모그룹 회장 측이 서울 주재 외국 대사관에 망명 의사를 타진하면서 걸어온 전화는 검찰 조사 결과 장난전화였던 것으로 드러났다고 채널A가 18일 보도했다.

채널A에 따르면 지난 6월 초 도피중이던 유 전 회장을 대신해 서울 주재 외국 대사관에 망명신청을 했다는 사람은 유 전 회장이나 구원파와 전혀 관계가 없는 인물이었던 것으로 알려졌다.

당시 검찰은 “신원이 확인되지 않은 인사가 한국 주재 모 대사관에 전화를 걸어 유병언 씨의 정치적 망명을 시도했으나 대사관 측이 거절했다”고 밝힌 바 있다. 검찰은 “외교부의 협조를 얻어 대사관과 접촉한 인사의 신원을 확인했으나, 해당 인사는 구원파와 전혀 무관하며 장난전화를 걸었던 것으로 확인됐다”고 밝혔다.

검찰 관계자는 “대사관을 괴롭히려는 악의적 장난전화는 아니었지만, 큰 의미없는 전화로 판단한다”며 “유씨의 망명 시도는 사실이 아닌 것으로 보인다”고 밝혔다.

유 전 회장의 망명 해프닝이 수사에 혼선을 주긴 했지만, 수사기관을 대상으로 한 기망행위가 아니기 때문에 처벌대상은 아니라고 검찰은 설명했다.

[출처] 본 기사는 조선닷컴에서 작성된 기사 입니다

August 19, 2014, 11:20:39 AM
Reply #3

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »
Correction Article – EBC (Evangelical Baptist Church) has no connection with Odaeyang

Thanks for that. Sorry, I'd rather discuss things here. It makes it easier to keep track of things.
What of numerous reports that money from that splinter group ended up in the bank accounts of one of Yoo's company?
I gather the "no connection" comes from the fact Yoo wasn't charged in relation to their suicide/murders, right?

And regarding the requests for asylum, if it was a prank, well played^.

Those do concern peripheral issues, but it's nice to be informed - assuming they're real. You have warned me in the past about believing "the media".

August 19, 2014, 11:41:59 AM
Reply #4

Offline oopark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »

What of numerous reports that money from that splinter group ended up in the bank accounts of one of Yoo's company?

I already mentioned this before that Odaeyang imported goods through Samwoo, all funds confirmed. There were blasts of articles on the news at that time that massive amounts of shark loans were funneled into Yoo's company but they were all suspicions brought up by a former legislator and nothing was proved to be true. Just like the asylum prank call, the news media made a huge issue but nothing was found to be true.

August 19, 2014, 12:08:58 PM
Reply #5

Offline oopark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
Then instead of believing the news article on the connection between EBC and Odaeyang, check the actual proof (images attached):

"There is clearly nothing to indicate any connection between Mr. Yoo Byung-eun and the Odaeyang incident, and neither is there any evidence to indicate that Mr. Yoo might have received favorable treatment from the Fifth Republic."

(Note: partial translation)

Incheon Regional Prosecution Office
Recipient: Evangelical Baptist Church. Geumsuwon Co.
Title: Request for Investigation Cooperation

· At the request of the members of the Evangelical Baptist Church gathered at Geumsuwon, to confirm and provide a statement to the effect that the information provided by the media is contrary to the truth, in that former chairman Mr. Yoo Byung-eun was not the culprit of the Odaeyang group suicide incident and he did not receive protection from the Fifth Republic of Korea,

· The Odaeyang incident has already been thoroughly investigated twice by prosecutors in the past. Upon reviewing the investigative report, there is clearly nothing to indicate any connection between Mr. Yoo Byung-eun and the Odaeyang incident, and neither is there any evidence to indicate that Mr. Yoo might have received favorable treatment from the Fifth Republic. If any proof had come to light during the past investigation of any person being connected to such crimes, someone would already have been severely punished.

Incheon Regional Prosecution Office

August 20, 2014, 08:42:51 PM
Reply #7

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »

I already mentioned this before that Odaeyang imported goods through Samwoo, all funds confirmed.

I'm still quite suspicious though^, but I'm glad you've come to accept the prosecution as a reputable source of information.

Considering the recent dodgy dealings between companies and "charities" linked to Yoo and the purchase of AHAE photos by Yoo-related companies for large sums of money, I just find it hard to believe that dealings between Yoo and the group involved in the mass suicide/possible murder of 32 people were legitimate business translations, and not part of whatever scam Yoo was running at the time.

From the recent NY Times piece:
The second charity is the quirkily named Hemato-Centric Life Institute, which lists Mr. Yoo as the chairman of its board. The organization’s stated mission is the promotion of “research and educational activities focused on the importance of blood” to public health. Yet, the institute put up $289,000 in 2011, almost half of what it spent that year, on something termed “GC event,” apparently referring to an exhibit of the patriarch’s nature photographs held that year in Grand Central Terminal.

It certainly doesn't instill trust when your "church"/company/whatever operates like that.
The importance of blood?? I think most people are already aware of the importance of blood. And how could that supposed lack of awareness of blood be rectified by paying AHAE to exhibit his photos?

August 21, 2014, 11:04:32 PM
Reply #8

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 11:04:32 PM »
I ran that by Professor Ji-il Tark, the foremost authority on Korean Bible-based "new religious movements". His father was murdered by a cultist for exposing criminal cults. One of the groups his father researched was Yoo's group.

According to my late father's investigation, I clearly see the connection.
Even though the prosecution was unable to find the connection, that doesn't mean the Salvation Sect is not responsible or not guilty for the Odaeyang.

Prof. Tark was recently interviewed by SBS Dateline for their report on the ferry disaster: http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline/story/watch/id/601971/n/Murky-Waters

And earlier in this Joongang Daily article about the same subject:
http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2989684

And this is quite ironic. While Oscar is saying trust the prosecution's statement, AHAE's twitter is warning journalists to not trust the prosecution:

In reply to Nicholas Kristof
Photography by Ahae ‏@AhaePhotography  Aug 4
@NickKristof @cowannyt Article reference 37 prosecution claims;what have the prosecution been up to lately?
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140803000215