Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Summit of the World Alliance of Religions for Peace (WARP) Sept. 17-19, 2014  (Read 51159 times)

September 17, 2014, 03:57:25 PM
Reply #31

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Updates on the big day available from these two journalist Twitterers:

https://twitter.com/Missheardmag
Msheard is aware of the cult allegations and despite being a journalist simply doesn't care. She blocked me from retweeting her tweets which means she read my informative tweets to her and well, blocking me was her response. Epic journalistic fail.

https://twitter.com/bobdotson
It remains to be seen if Bob Dotson from NBC Today's has realized the obvious yet.

And keep an eye on the hastags #IPYG #WARP and #HWPL for more.

September 18, 2014, 02:27:01 AM
Reply #32

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Violence outside the "Warp"ed PEace Summit. Lady in her 50s assaulted by male member of Lee's cult. Apparently he was wearing the white "Heavenly Culture World Peace" jacket many members had on. And I was pushed and shoved and denied entry to the KFC at the base of the baseball stadium. I also called the police. It was utterly insane. I have enough crazy footage of cultists behaving badly to make a miniseries. That's all coming soon, but for now, here's the victim reporting the crime to police:

I predict an escalation Thursday at Seoul's 63 Building. There will be more protesters there, and it will be harder for the cult's idiot goons to keep attendees away.

Interview with assault victim at last night's event:

September 18, 2014, 10:40:36 AM
Reply #35

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Older propaganda piece: http://www.brudirect.com/0-national/press-release/press-release-overseas/item/7160-chairman-of-hwpl-delivers-keynote-at-ipcge-in-paris
Updated Internet Archive link.

Mr. Lee delivers his keynote address at the Peace Conference hosted by UNESCO
Emphasizes end of war and world peace at a symposium co-hosted by ICD
Received Appreciation Awards from the Director-General of ICD and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Montenegro
Regrets not having representatives of the current Korean government present at these top-notch European summits

On 2 July 2014, world peace advocate Mr. Man Hee Lee, the chairman of Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (“HWPL”) received much attention for delivering his keynote address at the “Inter-Parliamentary Coalition for Global Ethics (“IPCGE”) Peace Conference” hosted by UNESCO in Paris, France. His speech centered on the need to create a culture of peace able to play a mediative role in areas of existing conflict, but in the long-term, assumes a preventative role within society. As part of this process, he discussed the role of governments and legislature, as well as the role leaders in both religious and secular spheres of society had to play making special note of the United Nations’ peace resolutions. Standing alongside such internationally acclaimed leaders as Dr. Emil Constantinescu, the former president of Romania, and Gianni Picco, renowned negotiator for the United Nations, Mr. Lee once again demonstrated his dedication to world peace inspiring the academic, religious, and political leaders present.

On 9 July 2014, Mr. Lee was invited as a keynote speaker at a symposium co-hosted by the Supreme Court of Montenegro and the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (“ICD”). During his address he said: “All the conflicts and disputes occurring around the world are caused mostly by differences in ideology derived from religions and cultures. In order to solve this, all nations must gather their hearts and muster their will-power behind a common goal, and exert their efforts to establish a peace culture at a global level.” He also added “The message of peace must be heard and known, not just to a select audience, but to all the people in the world in order to enjoy the true meaning of peace in a way that is fair to all.” Mr. Lee emphasized that “Everybody’s effort is needed to usher in a peaceful and harmonious era for the world. And for certainty, we must end conflicts in areas like Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, and so forth”. The symposium was divided into two parts, during which both the ICD and the Supreme Court of Montenegro presented Mr. Lee and Ms. Nam Hee Kim, the chairwoman of the International Women’s Peace Group (“IWPG”), with awards and certificates for their meritorious work in global peace awareness.

Meanwhile, when Mr. Lee visited Germany back in 1945 where the Postdam Conference was held, he was grieved at the fact that Korea was divided and he emphasized that prohibition of all wars must be stipulated on international law which would make world peace a reality. The local people of Germany spoke highly of Mr. Lee as a true peace advocate and one of them said “I was deeply moved when I saw the report of the peace conference at UNESCO” and sadly added “It would have been better if President Geun Hye or the Minister of Foreign Affairs came.” Furthermore the local said “I hope that the government of the Republic of Korea gives their active support unsparingly” and with great inspiration said “We must commend the efforts of Mr. Lee and the peace delegates who are elevating the reputation of Republic of Korea.” 

Mr. Lee had the pleasure of delivering his message of peace to a number of prominent leaders during personal audiences with the likes of the President of Croatia Ivo Josipovic, former President of Croatia Stjepan Mesic, former President of Bosnia and Herzegovina, bishop of the German Orthodox Church, as well as other politicians and religious figures. Many of the leaders Mr. Lee met agreed to work with him, indicating their desire to collaborate towards peace by entering into HWPL’s peace agreement. Most notably, amongst the religious and ideological conflicts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, many of the religious and cultural leaders agreed to cooperate with HWPL in the creation of a inclusive and unifying culture of peace in the region, in the hopes of eradicating the persisting tensions. A reporter from the national broadcasting network of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BHT, expressed “I’m very glad to be able to deliver to the people a message of peace that is truly living and breathing”           

Mr. Lee conducted many press and TV interviews. The message of his latest World Peace Tour was broadcasted by CASA RHEMA TV, EFR Christian broadcasting network, Balkan TV, national broadcasting network of Bosnia BHT, among others.

Since 29 June 2014, Mr. Lee has been invited by a total of 54 nations including Turkey, Croatia, France, Berlin Germany, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Spain. Wherever has gone he has always emphasized the necessity of establishing true peace with unity as its core principal. He is returning home, landing at the Incheon International Airport, on 18 July 2014.

HWPL Peace delegation's 12th world peace tour led by Mr. Man Hee Lee, the Peace advocate of Korea and the representative of HWPL, has visited Europe regions including Croatia, France, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Spain to spread the message of peace and suggest the practical solution to achieve the world peace. More details of his footsteps can be founded at the Press Release we have attached. Please take a look at it and it would be greatly appreciated if the news of Mr. Lee’s 12th World Tour for Peace can be broadcasted on one of your programs. The tour was especially remarkable that Mr. Lee gave a message of peace for the 19th Anniversary of Srebrenica Genocide during an interview at a National Broadcasting Company in Bosnia, BHRT. The tragedy of killing teenagers took place merely because of religious differences and the Peace Advocate gave an answer to stop repeating the tragic in the future and to bring about a world without war to our generation. Please take a moment to watch his interview at Bosnia.

Link:
Not a valid vimeo URL
During the last several years, our peace delegation has been traveled all around the world aiming to work together with leaders from various fields including former and current presidents, religious leaders, female leaders and youth leaders. To mention one of the achievements, our peace delegation went to Mindanao, Philippines to meet two representatives of Catholic and Islam for signing solidarity agreement, which brought over 40-year-lasting conflict between the two religions to an end.[/size]

September 18, 2014, 11:01:54 AM
Reply #36

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Courtesy of the cult:

Felix's Korean language blog with my videos from Sunday's protest at SCJ HQ. And the cultists you see screaming the loudest in the second video were all at Olympic Park likewise trying to intimidate and impose "order":
http://m.blog.naver.com/felix9999/220124706037

Update: Both Video and Link are now dead.

The video I was referring to:

September 18, 2014, 11:39:25 AM
Reply #37

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Bob Dodson from NBC's The Today Show:

I'm a baby boomer who teethed on "Give Peace a Chance." Tonight in Seoul, South Korea 100-thousand people from around the world filled Olympic Stadium. Fireworks and spectacle, but most importantly religious leaders of every stripe pledged not to preach violence. They agreed to work together for a more peaceful world. That elusive, much battered HOPE floated higher than the sky rockets#TODAYshow#americanstory#religiouspeacesummit

September 18, 2014, 03:30:39 PM
Reply #39

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Reports the cult is trying to keep attendees from going outside.
Expected, yet astounding. Welcome to Lee Man-hee's little North Korea

September 18, 2014, 04:02:06 PM
Reply #40

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site

Video Description:
Please read this before continuing watching the video.

Me and couple of my other friends from Lithuanian NGO's were invited to attend a world peace summit in Korea. Nobody of us expected that the things that happened would happen. Although we had read some controversial articles about the organisation which is organising the event we never thought that it would be so religion-oriented instead of what was claimed to be happening.

So basically, after the first meeting and several speeches of the representatives of this cult and of course the mister Man Hee Lee himself, the establisher and chairman of this movement, we understood that the things that are happening here under the name of peace are not the point of us being here. They never wanted to hear our opinions it was mainly about agreeing with their statements and being a bunch of exotic foreigners that would be a feast for photographers and media to show that even internationally this sect is being supported.

Although, the people and the volunteers we met were more than amazing, hardworking and supportive. Those ladies didn't have to do anything with the sect itself and they truly worked there because of the cause and lets be real a chance to volunteer in huge international events is always appealing. Those girls showed us the hospitality of Korean people and I really wish them the best of luck.

But until IPYG is under one "leader" with a dark past I would not recommend you to attend the event neither less become a affiliate of the organisation, unless you are ready for everything and want to visit and experience Korea.

Please leave comments if you have ever faced this organisation yourselves.

And reports coming in from the inside that Lee told attendees today that the protesters outside are working for the devil. lol.
Thank you ;)

September 19, 2014, 01:15:12 AM
Reply #41

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Funny story how this came about^.

Alleged 'cult leader' holds int'l peace event in Seoul
An international peace summit in Seoul, attended by former world leaders, is attracting attention because it is chaired by Lee Man-hee, the leader of a controversial Korean religious group.

Speakers at the World Alliance of Religions Peace Summit (WARP Summit), which opened Wednesday at the 63 Building in Yeouido, include Peruvian Vice President Marisol Espinoza Cruz, former Croatian President Stjepan Mesic and former South African President Kgalema Petrus Motlanthe, according to the official website.

The event has drawn protests because of the involvement of Lee, the leader of the Shinchonji Church of Jesus, the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (SCJ), which some describe as a cult.

Founded in 1984 by Lee, SCJ reportedly has over 120,000 followers. It came under scrutiny in 2007, when an investigative television report claimed that followers believe that Lee has eternal life.

The WARP Summit was organized by a group called Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL), chaired by Lee; the International Women's Peace Group; the International Peace Youth Group and the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD).

No Cut News, however, reported that the Berlin-based ICD withdrew its involvement in the summit this week.

It has also been reported that young believers abandon schools, jobs and family to join the group. Shincheonji and its followers have claimed such reports are false.

No Cut News reported that protesters, including family members of the followers, gathered Tuesday outside Jamsil Olympic Stadium in southern Seoul, where an opening ceremony was being held.

According to HWPL, the summit aims to "discuss and share insights on how to achieve world peace" and to create "a platform for dialogue between community leaders on national, cultural, spiritual, and ethnic levels."

September 19, 2014, 01:30:05 AM
Reply #42

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Statement from Dirk Niebel: Why I Cancelled.

Posted on his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/niebelbw?hc_location=timeline

Seit ich am 17.12.2013 das Ministerium an meinen Nachfolger übergeben habe, mache ich keine Pressearbeit mehr. Habe alle Fernseh-, Radio- oder Interviewanfragen abgesagt und auch keine Hintergrundgespräche geführt. Das werde ich auch weiterhin so handhaben.
Aber aus dem Wissen um und langjähriger Erfahrung mit Fragenkatalogen diverser Qualitätsjournalisten heraus veröffentliche ich hier im Anschluß die heute Abend eingegangenen Fragen von "Spiegel-Online" nebst meiner Antwort im Original. Halt mal so zur Sicherheit.......

Lieber Herr Weiland,

gerade aus diesen Gründen, die Ihre Fragen veranlaßt haben, habe ich meine Teilnahme an der Konferenz in Seoul abgesagt.
Da ich vom renommierten "Institute for cultural diplomacy" (ICD) eingeladen war um - ehrenamtlich - eine Rede zum Thema
"The right mix between soft and hard power for peace and stability" zu halten, war ich über die Informationen durch Herrn Gandow entsetzt.
Auch das ICD hat die Teilnahme abgesagt und jede Kooperation beendet.
Beste Grüße

Dirk Niebel
Bundesminister a.D.

Am 17.09.2014 um 17:06 schrieb [email protected]:

Sehr geehrter Herr Niebel,

wie ich dem Einladungsprogramm der HWPL entnehme, sind Sie als Gastredner auf dem "World Alliance of Religion`s Peace Summit" in Seoul eingeladen.

Die HWPL des Herrn Man Hee Lee und seiner Ehefrau gilt dem früheren Sektenbeauftragten der Evangelischen Kirche Berlin-Brandenburg, Thomas Gandow, als Sekte, die auch in Deutschland aktiv ist.

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn Sie mir in diesem Zusammenhang einige Fragen für einen Artikel beantworten könnten:

1. War Ihnen bewusst, um welche Organisation es sich handelt?

2. Kennen Sie Herr Lee persönlich?

3. Warum wurden Sie eingeladen?

4. Kommen die Gastgeber für Flug, Übernachtung auf beziehungsweise erhalten Sie auch ein Auftrittshonorar?

5. Welchem Zweck dient Ihr Auftritt?

Es würde mich freuen, wenn ich mit Ihrer Antwort rechnen könnte.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Translation:
Since I've passed the Ministry to my successor on the 17.12.2013, I do no more press work. I have all television, radio, or interview requests cancelled, and also no background discussions. I will continue to handle matters in this way.
But from my experience and the knowledge of question catalogues of various quality journalists, I publish here in the received question from "Spiegel Online" in addition to my answer in the original tonight. Just to be safe...
---
Dear Mr. Weiland, for the very reasons which have prompted your questions, I have canceled my participation in the Conference in Seoul.
Since I was invited by the renowned "Institute for cultural diplomacy" (ICD) to deliver a speech on the topic "the right mix between soft and hard power for peace and stability" - pro bono - the information supplied Mr Gandow has left me horrified.
Also the ICD has cancelled its participation and ended any cooperation.
Best regards Dirk niebel Federal Minister (ret'd)

On the 17.09.2014 at 17:06 [email protected] wrote: Dear Mr. Niebel, as I gather from the invitation programme of HWPL, you are invited to Seoul as a guest speaker at the "World Alliance of religion's Peace Summit".

The HWPL of Mr. Man Hee Lee and his wife is considered a cult, which is active in Germany, by the former Cult Commissioner of the Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg, Thomas Gandow.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions for an article in this context: 1 Were you aware which organization this is?

2. Do you know Mr. Lee personally?

3. Why were you invited?

4. Do the hosts cover the cost for flight and lodging, or will you receive an speakers honorarium?

5. What is the purpose your presence?

I would be glad if I could count on your answer.

Sincerely Severin Weiland SPIEGEL ONLINE Deputy Head Office Berlin (translated by Bing, slightly improved)

September 19, 2014, 09:28:16 AM
Reply #43

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Oh the joy...
Speaking Before 100,000 People In Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea

Today was a remarkable day and it’s difficult for me to even convey the full color of it. I’ve spoken in stadiums before but never like today and never to such an enormous audience.

I delivered a speech at Seoul Olympic Stadium in South Korea before an estimated crowd of 100,000 people. It was part of a global peace summit for religious and political leaders. There were nine speakers and I was second to last. A few of the speakers were former heads of state. The rest were religious leaders. I was actually happy for the penultimate placement as it gave me time to digest the comments of speakers from all the major world religions.

First, when we arrived, thousands of young people were lining the route, cheering and jumping as the various dignitaries drove through, almost like for a police motorcade. Besides religious leaders there were many world leaders including the former heads of state of South Africa, Ireland, Croatia, Ecuador, and about 10 other nations.

We were greeted by women dressed in traditional Korean attire and we entered the stadium accompanied by hundreds of children.

When we walked in I knew what it felt like to be in the Olympics. The stands were absolutely full and bursting and there were tens of thousands more seated in the middle of the stadium. People were roaring and applauding.

Most interesting was a group in the stands of approximately 10,000 holding colored cards creating the most incredible images and words on an enormous scale. When it came time for me to speak they made an absolutely enormous image of my face together with the words USA. It made me proud to be an American. I felt honored to represent my country at this global peace summit.

I started my speech by honoring the memory of the 33,000 Americans who died to keep Korea safe during the Korean war. I then thanked the estimated 30,000 active duty service men and women of the United States military who are currently keeping the peace on the Korean Peninsula.

From there I talked about the recent atrocities and tragedies across the world that were a direct threat to peace.

Sitting right behind me were religious leaders from all over the world, including many highly prominent Muslim leaders. There was one from Hezbollah from Lebanon whom I met yesterday.

I spoke about how Israel had recently been marked for destruction by thousands of rockets simply because it was the home of the Jewish people. I spoke about the recent beheadings of Americans and Britons just because of their citizenship.

And from there I went into how with all of these horrors and tragedies, humankind has still never lost its yearning for peace. Its belief in the prophecies of Isaiah that the time would come when “the wolf would lie down with the lamb… No man would teach his son the art of war… Nation would not lift sword against another nation… Men would beat swords into plowshares.”

As you will see in the video there was tumultuous applause. Because there were more than 100,000 people in the stadium, it gradually rose to a roaring din. Soon I was being interrupted for applause every line. I fed off the energy of the crowd, almost all of whom were Korean youth in their teens, 20s, and 30s.

I reached the pinnacle of my speech with a refrain, “Let peace reign,” using the words to depict a global outbreak of peace in the most dangerous regions on earth.

I also sharply and harshly condemned the brutal regime of North Korea as a threat to the peaceful people of the South. I spoke of the brutality of a regime that would starve to death millions of its people in order to feed its army. I spoke of the brutality of a regime currently holding more than 200,000 political prisoners in concentration camps. Interestingly, though the summit’s purpose was peace and I was making the point that there could be no peace without the vanquishing of evil, when I condemned North Korea there was thunderous applause from the people of the South. Here in South Korea people live under the specter of a nuclear holocaust at the hands of a crazed 31-year-old dictator.

Toward the end of the speech a man ran up right in front of the podium and started screaming at the top of lungs, “What about Gaza? What about Gaza?” Everyone saw him and most heard him, as his voice bled into the microphone. He did everything he could to disrupt my speech.

At first I ignored him, continuing with the flow of the speech and letting my words speak for themselves. But as I concluded I said that I would never bow, nor would I be deterred, by those who seek hostility and war.

When I finished, many of the world leaders came over to me to congratulate me for not capitulating to the disgusting attack.

A former prime minister told me he was impressed that not only did I not stop my speech because of the heckler spouting hatred against Israel, but actually incorporated the attack amid the great resolve in the speech to fight on for my beliefs.

At dinner I was invited to sit with Bertie Ahern, former Prime Minister of Ireland, who is a warm man, and with whom I had a discussion about Ireland’s relationship with Israel. Seated at the table was also the former President of South African and former President of Croatia, who sat right next to me and told me how much he supported Israel for defending itself against unprovoked rocket attack.

It was a memorable day.

September 19, 2014, 12:23:36 PM
Reply #44

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Contentious Christian group hosting world peace summit in South Korea
A Christian religious group in South Korea that has been accused of being a cult is hosting the World Alliance of Religious Peace (WARP) Summit from September 17-19 in Seoul.

The Shinchonji Church of Jesus the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (SCJ) has organized a world peace summit to bring together world leaders, major religious figures, and political activists.

The WARP website says the summit is being organized in the "hope of creating a platform for dialogue between community leaders on national, cultural, spiritual, and ethnic levels."
SCJ dubbed the event as "the biggest peace-event the world has seen."
International delegates have signed up for the event, but recently more and more are having second thoughts.

"We didn't know the chairman of the peace summit is accused of being a cult leader who claims to be immortal," a Muslim participant of the event told The Korea Observer on his arrival at Incheon International Airport Tuesday.

SCJ is a religious group founded by Lee Man Hee in 1984.
The churches within Shincheonji are organized into 12 "tribes" each named after the 12 apostles of the New Testament.

SCJ claims that it is the nation of God and it was created to "fulfill what is heaven on this earth in today's time."

PD Notebook, an investigative journalism program in South Korea reported that SCJ makes its followers believe that leader Lee Man-hee is immortal. Lee denied the claims, saying that it is God who will determine his immortality and not him.

Shincheonji's organizational and bureaucratic structure has also been criticized as it resembles that of the North Korean regime.

Reports say that families have been destroyed and many students were encouraged by the movement to drop out of school and suspend their education.

The world summit organized by SCJ has successfully invited former heads of state of Romania, Croatia, Kosovo, Ecuador, Peru, Nepal, Mongolia, South Africa, Jordan, Argentina, Armenia, and Albania. The group also claims to have the Grand Muftis of Egypt, Macedonia, and Kosovo.
"Without fail, every leader we have spoken with has pledged themselves in support of our cause, demonstrating their desire to be a part of HWPL's work through a signed agreement of solidarity," Lee says in his greetings message on the organizers' official website.

The event was advertised as the World Peace Festival. But to Koreans, it is known as the SCJ 6th National Olympiad, an event held every four years to coincide with Lee Man Hee's birthday on September 15.