Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Summit of the World Alliance of Religions for Peace (WARP) Sept. 17-19, 2014  (Read 51196 times)

January 11, 2015, 10:07:48 AM
Reply #75

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
ICD have released their bi-annual newsletter covering the second half of 2014. While ICD featured prominently in promotional material for the Peace Summit, there is no mention of the Summit or Lee in the newsletter. ICD cancelled their attendance and support of the Summit a few days before it began due to the controversy surrounding Lee and his cult in Korea. ICD asked Summit organisers to remove their logo from event sites. That request was refused. Videos and photos from the Summit clearly show ICD logos were rather prominently displayed across event sites.

http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/content/newsletter/ICD_Newsletter_July-December_2014.pdf.pdf

February 11, 2015, 05:06:52 PM
Reply #77

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Michael received this super fast reply from Incheon Airport regarding the cult's behaviour and actions. Thanks Michael for letting me share your complaint and the responses.

Customer Comment   When I was at the arrival terminal on Monday evening to pick up a friend, I noticed dozens of people in white shirts with the words "World Peace" written on them at every arrival gate. They claimed to be from an organization called HWPL, but a quick Google search revealed them to be a religious group called Shincheonji. They had many cameras and were filming people who were arriving, as well as others in the airport. I was under the impression that filming to such an extent was not allowed in the airport, but I can find no official statement about this.

The next day, my friend visited the airport to see about this religious group, and filmed them filming others. When he tried to leave, members of the group who were designated as a security team followed him through the airport. He filmed their activities and asked them why they were following him.

I am wondering why the airport staff allowed this group to occupy the arrival terminal, freely film regular people in the terminal, and even follow people who are not members of their religious group. Although it is perhaps too late to rectify this recent situation, I hope the airport is prepared to take better measures to prevent this kind of harassment in the future.

Any words from you are very much appreciated and it is considered as valuable asset to improve our airport's service quality.
The reply to your comments is as follows.
Thank you.

Registration No.   A201409-0290
Submittance date   2014-09-17 18:00:46

Filming and Security at the Airport

Feedback to Customer Comment   

Dear Mr. Michael Aronson,

Hello, this is  Incheon International Airport Corporation.
Thank you for your letter of September 17th.
First of all, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenient situation that you have experienced in Incheon Airport.

Concerning your complaints, here are explanations from the divisions in charge.

Dear  Passenger,

Hello. I am Yuni Kho who has charge with filming permission in Secuirty pass office.

I am sorry to make you feel uncomfortable in the Incheon Airport.

If there is a person who want to take a film in the airport, the person needs the filming permission from the airport authority(Airport Operator). You are right.

But, I found that the filming in the airport of the group that you mentioned wasn't allowed to take.

We give the filming permission to a limited extent without passengers' inconvenience. but we could find the person who take a film without the filming permission once in a while.

Later on, to avoid recurrence of these inconvenience we will step up terminal patrols of airport security guard and try to search for ways to avoid filming without permission.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Security Planning Team
Incheon International Airport Corporation

Dear passenger,

First of all, I would like to express deep regret to cause you much inconveinece due to the excessive religious performance.

We will strengthen the enforcement for this in order to keep the safety and order in the airport and pssenger.

Thank you for your understanding.

Passenger Service Team
Incheon International Airport Corporation

We're sure that your input and good advice will be great help to enhance our service level.

We hope to see you in better service later.
If you have further question, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,