Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Summit of the World Alliance of Religions for Peace (WARP) Sept. 17-19, 2014  (Read 45055 times)

September 12, 2014, 03:27:09 PM
Reply #15

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Re: The Summit of the World Alliance of Religions for Peace (WARP)
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »
And for those reading this for the first time, here are some related links.

Unfortunately there are still few published English news articles about this cult, but I hope more will result from next week's event.

Here are a few that stemmed from previous large cult events and tours:
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2012/10/28/26/0302000000AEN20121028000200315F.HTML
The journalist was told to go light on the Shinchonji cult for fear of violent reprisals. Several Korean cults have reacted with violence to negative press.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20120906001050

And here is an interesting piece stemming from Man Hee Lee's American tour of 2012:
http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/2012/07/anyone-who-is-a-believer-will-regret-it-if-he-or-she-does-not-come-see-instructor-manhee-lee-at-the-crystal-cathedral-this-saturday/

A related article cached on Google:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lee-364527-cathedral-hear.html

Here are excerpts from Man Hee Lee's book The Creation of Heaven and Earth. It promises death to those that don't follow the new messiah. No prizes for guessing who that messiah is:
http://jmscult.com/forum/index.php?topic=852.0

Here is an interview with the former member who supplied me with my copy of that book. In it, she described the behind-the-scenes shenanigans that went on in the lead up to the 2012 Olympiad:
http://shinchonjiandthebible.blogspot.kr/2010/06/interview-with-former-scj-member.html

Here is information about that Olympiad which took place exactly two years ago. Man Hee Lee's birthday is in mid-September, so essentially these events are giant (and expensive) birthday parties:
http://jmscult.com/forum/index.php?topic=857.0

In a nut shell, the purposes of the event are to keep members sleep deprived and busy and to provide propaganda material which will be used to recruit and cement the membership of more young Koreans. If you are attending, you will see performances on Wednesday reminiscent of North Korea's Arirang Mass Games. And those performances are the result of similiar indoctrination procedures.

Here's a great photo from Jon's latest article showing the similarities between the last big cult event and those North Korean games:

More about this cult here:
http://jmscult.com/forum/index.php?board=100.0

September 12, 2014, 11:31:38 PM
Reply #16

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »
German politician Dirk Niebel just cancelled his trip to the summit for reasons most obvious.

And Sarah Palin gets an invite.. please say yes.

September 13, 2014, 09:25:05 AM
Reply #17

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 09:25:05 AM »
The ICD wikipedia entry was deleted a couple of years ago. Reasons being the page wasn't properly sourced, and the deleted page was more promotional in nature than your standard wikipedia entry, and the organisation was deemed not noteworthy enough with most online references their own PR. The discussions about the deletion can be viewed here. I just browsed it, but the last comment caught my eye:

Something feels weird about all this to me. How is it possible that they've been involved with all these high profile people without attaining some degree of notability? Why do we have to work so hard to find even a passing reference to it? It makes me wonder if there isn't some elaborate con going on here that I just haven't caught on to. (For example, Perhaps ICD is managing to attach its name to conferences it's not really responsible for?) In any case, I guess it doesn't matter why there are no third party sources that establish notability, just that there aren't.

September 13, 2014, 05:12:28 PM
Reply #18

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Oh Desmond! :o

Desmond Tutu Endorsing Korean Cult
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” Desmond Tutu, before he decided to endorse a cult

September 13, 2014, 08:55:24 PM
Reply #19

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
The cult just removed most of their propaganda videos including Desmond Tutu's endorsement. I guess they're no longer proud of that ;)
They must really be in a state of panic. Oh to be a fly on their wall.

I downloaded Desmond's video by the way. Will re-upload soon.

September 14, 2014, 01:19:38 AM
Reply #20

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
A rather long look at summit sites which are strangely blocked in Korea^

Shinchonji Sites Blocked in Korea...

Here are the three cult sites I looked at from Korea and America^ And also the PDF I opened and browsed:
www.hwpl.kr
www.internationalwomenspeacegroup.org
www.ipyg.org
jmscult.com/WARPProgram.pdf

September 14, 2014, 01:49:48 AM
Reply #21

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
The ICD's Facebook page now has over 36,000 likes. It'll be interesting to see if they post about the summit given that....

ICD just deleted their Man Hee Lee videos. There were 8 or 9 on their channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/icdchannel

Correction, the videos have been marked private. Screenshot:

I'm pretty sure I downloaded their videos. I have a hard drive full of cult videos in my desk at work.
Update: I have three on my home computer, and I think more at work. There were 7-9 in total.
By golly, this is exciting!

September 15, 2014, 10:00:47 AM
Reply #22

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Again the content is blocked in Korea
http://warpsummit2014.org/content.php?p=EN/aboutwarp
Update: That site was unblocked on Monday, Sept. 15.

About WARP
Statement of Intent
While it may, in most cases be too simplistic to say that ideological differences based on religion or culture are the cause of war in our world today, it is not too much to say that these differences are exploited to heighten the community’s propensity for violent behaviour.

Through the World Alliance of Religions’ Peace Summit, HWPL seeks to create a forum for dialogue centring on the creation of a commonly acceptable value-system between secular and religious communities in all socio-political sectors of our divers societies.

Such a value system will form the basis for the creation of peace agreements and a universally applicable constitution of interfaith relations, as well as education materials which can be used across the spectrum of humanity’s diversity to begin revolutionising the basic precepts of our cultures and ideologies which provide the central tenants promoting conflict and violent behaviour.
Goals of the summit
1. To begin the process of establishing a universally applicable system of values focussing on aspects of morality and experience of life that bind us together as a global family.

2. Establish a basic ideological foundation upon which a World Alliance of Religions can be built in order to bring conflicts founded on differing religious ideologies to an end.

3. Draft and publicly make the Declaration of the World Alliance of Religions.

4. Define the roles of cultural leaders, both secular and religious, in the creation and implementation of a new, heavenly culture.
Objective
1. Announce a declaration after signing the agreement for the alliance of religions, cessation of war and world peace,
and reporting through the press from all over the world.

2. Ratify and implement the world peace agreements for each religious body.

3. Appoint ambassadors of Heavenly Culture World Peace Restoration of Light to each continent and country.

4. Construct a powerful global network that integrates all groups. (Presidents, politicians, religious leaders, youth, women and press)

5. Determine peace movement for resolution of the regions in conflict throughout the world

6. Announce a global statement for the peaceful reunification of Korea

7. Create an alliance of women and youth groups from all over the world

8. Present knowledge from the successful achievement of the peace agreement in Mindanao and apply to other regions in conflict

Greetings

Greetings to you from all of us here at the Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light ("HWPL") headquarters in Seoul. We sincerely hope that you, your loved ones, and the people you share your world with are enjoying peace and good health.

HWPL is an international organization whose mandate it is to see the cessation of wars. It pursues this goal through a number of avenues, namely the International Peace Youth Group ("IPYG"), and the International Women’s Peace Group ("IWPG"). Our work is motivated by a unique vision for peace centering on the establishment of a new and universally applicable set of values. This is the heavenly culture - something which has been promised to man through every religious and ideological ideal.

Our World Peace Delegation, made up of myself as chairman of HWPL, and the directors of IPYG and IWPG, have been traveling around the world meeting with various national and community leaders in both secular and religious fields. During these meetings we have had the pleasure of being able to introduce the philosophy of HWPL to them. Without fail, every leader we have spoken with has pledged themselves in support of our cause, demonstrating their desire to be a part of HWPL’s work through a signed agreement of solidarity.

Most notably, HWPL was proud to play its part in the signing of an interfaith peace agreement between two religious communities on the Philippine island of Mindanao. As a result, a 40 year conflict is now finally coming to an end. This, along with all our other volunteer activities and events are widely broadcast by media all over the world. And these things are just the beginning. With a peace agreement being reached such as the one between the two religious communities in Mindanao, we believe that the world is seeing the dawning of a new era of peace, one which sees a World Alliance of Religions.

Such an alliance of ideologies which until now have been central to an untold number of conflicts would enable us to leave a legacy of peace and life to future generations instead of the death and war which now besets our world. Is this not the most important task any of us can accomplish in our lives?

To this end, HWPL is hosting the Summit for the World Alliance of Religions in Seoul, South Korea this year, and it is my great honor to invite you to come and join us for this historic event.

This is the time for us to come together and unite as one family of humanity; to lay aside our differences, and find ways to bridge the rifts between our ideologies. Regardless of our personal views on the matter, religion is a powerful motivating force in our world. Its power to be used for either peace or hate-mongering is undeniable. I humbly ask you, therefore, to consider this invitation favorably, and to join us for the Summit. Your input would be most valuable to all who attend.

May we all stand together as messengers of peace, and see the dawning of a day in which there is no more war.

Thank you.

http://warpsummit2014.org/content.php?p=EN/abouthwpl
About HWPL
Who we are
The Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light ("HWPL") is a non-profit, non-governmental international organization registered under the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs operating out of Seoul, South Korea. Mr. Man Hee Lee, a Korean war veteran and renowned peace advocate, founded the organization after his involvement with numerous volunteer associations, seeing the need for a group whose central focus is to unite the people of the world behind the goal of peace irrespective of any apparent differences between themselves.

Our Mission
The purpose of Heavenly Culture World Peace Restoration of Light ("HWPL") is to create positive and lasting change internationally through uniting communities around the world. We support the development of communities through cultural, volunteer, and youth activities, setting an example in educating and motivating individuals within the community towards the active pursuit of peace.

Our Vision
We will work to unite all people and cultures and pave the way to a peaceful future for our world. We strive to do this through fostering a new culture of world peace - a heavenly culture that will respect and embrace the beautiful diversity of humanity. Through a peaceful coexistence we can repay those who have shed their blood in countless wars, and bring an end to the hundreds of wars that divide the nations of this world. Together with the International Peace Youth Group ("IPYG"), and International Women's Peace Group ("IWPG"), HWPL will walk this path of growth and change as one.

September 16, 2014, 12:02:39 AM
Reply #24

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Honorary citizen of Seoul and Youtube artist extraordinaire Michael Aronson just happened to be at Incheon Airport picking up a friend earlier
Monday evening. He couldn't help but notice SCJ cultists were out in force to welcome attendees. Let the games commence!

And just a few days ago, Michael filmed this SCJ 101 video. Thank you Michael:

Korean Cults - Shincheonji 신천지 2014

And I can't not post my favorite Michael Aronson song:

마익흘 - Seoul Subway Song 서울 지하철 노래

September 16, 2014, 02:27:02 AM
Reply #25

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
http://nationalyemen.com/2014/09/13/the-national-yemen-editor-in-chief-participates-in-warp-summit-in-seoul/

In response to the World Alliance of Religions Peace Summit 2014 (WARP) invitation, the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of National Yemen newspaper Fakhri al-Arashi arrived to Seoul on Monday to participate in the summit, which aims to teach global leaders the importance of peace and religious alliances.

The historical peace summit will last for three days and will take place in Seoul, South Korea. Participants come from all over the world including politicians, religious leaders, women and youth leaders and journalists.

The summit chairman, Man Hee Lee, and the chairwoman of the International Women’s Peace Group, along with representatives of the International Peace Youth Group have begun paving the way to a peaceful future for the world. Together, they have embarked on 13 tours around the world to speak with and gather support from renowned leaders in both secular and religious sectors of society. “This week, all the people we have met during our tours will gather in Seoul at the World Alliance of Religions’ Peace Summit which will be hosted by HWPL in conjunction with the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy,” said Lee.

Al-Arashi said that Yemen needs to understand the concept of peace and apply it through the criteria of the World Alliance of Religions Peace Summit. Yemen has achieved the best outcomes out of the Arab Spring countries, which have witnessed much violence. “Yemen is still passing through a fragile political situation after obtaining the National Dialogue which was set for nine months to end Yemen’s political, social and economic problems,” said al-Arashi.

Yemeni participation represents different organizations and government officials that are looking to return back to the country with a hope to apply the conference objectives. The three days conference is highly organized and well intentioned to solve religious disputes.

September 16, 2014, 04:30:24 AM
Reply #26

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Apparently ICD have backed out of the summit.
More later, but. Wow. And good call if true.
It's 4:30am.. I should be sleeping. Big day tomorrow.. I mean today^

September 16, 2014, 08:42:51 AM
Reply #27

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
More on IDC.  This is their reply to an email (below) from Korean anti-SCJ activist Min Soo Jo in Korea.
And wow, it was a nice surprise seeing the title of one of my videos on the email. :)

Hello!
This is Min Soo Jo in South Korea.
I sent a letter about "World Alliance of Religions Peace Summit" and
Man Hee Lee's true colors, the chairman of HWPL yesterday.
Because of Man Hee Lee and Shinchonji, many victimized families are
demonstrating against Shinchongi and its leader Man Hee Lee
in front of the headquarter of Shinchongi at very this moment.
I am going to send a clip.

If you can't watch it, you can click here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iJxjZ_Ohw2M

In the video, many victimized families are protesting to bring back their son
and daughter in front of the headquarter of Shinchongi righ away.

The phrases in the banners are summarized as follows:

* My son&daughter(children) ran away from home after having been brainwashed in secret at unregistered illegal private institutes of Shinchonji.
* The leader of cult Shinchonji, Man Hee Lee, sends my son/daughter home right now.
* While my daughter was preparing for a teacher recruitment exam,
she got into the cult Shinchonji and ran away from home without a word.
* Pseudo-religion Shinchonji brainwashed my daughter in secret.
* abandonment of school work * job desertion * self-injury * runaway

In front of the headquarter of Shinchongi, protests have been ongoing everyday.
As I know, the cult leader Man Hee Lee purported this Seoul WRPS event to put an end to all wars and bring world peace. but it's so ridiculous.

Because he is shattering peace, breaking up the religious harmony and destroying many families in Korea.
I strongly suggest that ICD should investigate about Shinchongi and Man Hee Lee.

He is a just religions imposter in Korea.

I think ICD is grossly deceived by Man Hee Lee, the chairman of HWPL and
Mam Hee Kim, the chairwoman of IWPG.

Most people in Korea think except Shinchongi's believers that "World Alliance of Religions Peace Summit" is an international embarrassment.

Once again, I strongly suggest that ICD should investigate about Man Hee Lee and Man Hee Kim.
With my best regards,

Min Soo Jo in South Korea.

September 16, 2014, 08:46:54 AM
Reply #28

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
There was a press release issued in Korean by the cult yesterday  that doesn't mention ICD:

http://m.news.naver.com/memoRankingRead.nhn?oid=421&aid=0001008878&sid1=103&ntype=MEMORANKING&backUrl=%2FmemoRankingList.nhn%3Fsid1%3D103%26date%3D
"세계 정치·종교·청년 지도자 2000명 등 20여만명 참가 예정"…15일 기자간담회

(서울=뉴스1) 염지은 기자 = 민간 NGO인 (사)하늘문화세계평화광복(HWPL·대표 이만희)은 17~19일 '세계의 만남, 평화의 물결'을 주제로 한 '종교대통합만국회의(WARP·World Alliance of Religions Peace Summit)'를 서울 잠실 올림픽 주경기장 등에서 개최한다.

하늘문화세계평화광복은 15일 오전 세종문화회관 세종홀에 기자간담회를 갖고 WARP 행사 개최 배경 등을 소개했다.

주최 측에 따르면 행사에는 세계 정치 지도자 20여명과 청년·여성·종교·평화지도자 약 1200명, 세계 130여개국 하늘문화세계평화광복 회원 약 20만명이 참석할 예정이다.

정치 지도자로는 마리솔 에스피노사 현 페루 부통령, 스테판 레시치 크로아티아 전 대통령, 칼레마 모틀란테 남아공 전 대통령, 에밀 콘스탄티네스쿠 루마니아 전 대통령 등이 참석한다. 예맨 민주화를 이룬 최연소 노벨평화상 수상자 타우왁쿨 카르만, 아랍핵무기방지협회 기획자 등도 참석할 예정이다.

종교 지도자로는 필리핀 마닐라의 가우덴시오 로잘레스 추기경, 샤키 이브라힘 압델 카림 알람 수니파 이집트 현 그랜드 무프티(이슬람 율법해석 최고 권위자), 싱 사히브 지아니 굴바찬 싱지 시크교 현 황금사원 대표, 슈물리 보태악 랍비 등이 참석한다.

17일 서울 잠실 올림픽 주경기장에서 열리는 WARP 개막식에서는 전쟁 종식과 세계평화의 시대를 알리는 카드섹션과 '평화의 아리랑' 퍼포먼스 등 다양한 문화공연이 펼쳐진다.

18일 여의도 63컨벤션센터에서는 '종교 분쟁과 평화'를 주제로 WARP 참석 세계 지도자들의 발표와 토론, 평화협약식이 있을 예정이다. 행사 마지막 날인 19일에는 서울 올림픽 공원 평화의 문에서 세계평화걷기대회가 열린다.

외교부로부터 지난해 6월 정식 허가를 얻은 민간 NGO인 하늘문화세계평화광복은 지난해 5월 부산 유엔기념공원에서 '세계평화광복선언문' 선포 1주년 기념식을 열고 국내외에서 걷기대회를 개최하기도 했다.

이만희 하늘문화세계평화광복 대표는 행사 개최 의의에 대해 "지구촌의 전쟁종식과 세계평화를 이뤄 후대에 영원한 유산으로 삼기 위한 것"이라며 "전쟁방지와 세계평화를 위해 각국 대통령과 법관, 유엔은 국제법을 제정해야 하며 전쟁종식 세계평화에 사인해야 한다"고 강조했다.

또 자신이 회장직을 맡고 있는 종교 '신천지'를 기독교계가 이단으로 규정하고 있는 것에 대해서는 "종교를 모르면서 이단이라고 하는 것은 죄를 짓는 일이다"며 "국경·종교·인종·사상을 초월해 전 세계 평화를 위해 일하고 있다"고 말했다.

Google Translation:

(BUSINESS 1) yeomjieun press = the "United New Only Parliament on the subject of religion 'meeting in the world, a wave of peace' 17 to 19 private NGO's (G) sky culture world peace liberation (HWPL · Representative yimanhui) is etc. will be held in Seoul Jamsil Olympic Stadium (WARP · World Alliance of Religions Peace Summit) 'to.

Introduced WARP background events held, 15 AM press conference at the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts has three kinds of hole sky cultural liberation of world peace.

According to the organizers, youth, women, religious leaders peace about 1200 people, the event is a world political leaders since independence more than 20 countries and over 130 world culture world peace sky about 20 million people will attend.

Attend include current Peruvian Vice President Marisol Espinosa, Stephen Lacey value Croatian President, former South African president teddy Calais town all Mazatlan, Romanian President Emil Constanta Surgical tine politics as the leader. Achieved a democratic Yemen will attend the youngest Nobel laureate Tau wakkul kareuman, Arab anti-nuclear association planners and more.

Religious leaders as Cardinal Rosales of Manila Gaussian den please, syaki Ibrahim Abdel Karim alarm Sunni Egypt Grand County Solid Petit (highest authority interpreting Islamic law), Single use Hebrew Gianni oyster Bachchan singji current Sikh Golden Temple representatives, Rabbi Sue physical evil pony attend the like.

Held on the 17th at the Seoul Jamsil Olympic Stadium opening ceremony will be held in the WARP various cultural performances including the card section indicating the end of the war era and world peace and "Peace Arirang 'performance.

18 days 63 Convention Center in Yeouido will be presented with a discussion of world leaders attended the WARP, peace ceremony as a "religious conflict and peace 'theme. Walk for world peace will be held at the Seoul Olympic Park peace gate 19 in the event the last day of work.

Open the 'World Peace Independence Declaration proclaimed first anniversary in May last year the United Nations Memorial Cemetery in Busan has also held a walking competition at home and abroad, obtaining formal approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs last June, private NGO, the sky is the Liberation culture world peace.

Yimanhui sky culture world peace liberation representative "done the end of the world war and world peace will be a lasting legacy for the future generations complaining" about significant events held saying "Justice, the United Nations and international law, international president for the prevention of war and peace should be enacted and signed a peace to end the war, "he said.

Also for those that are defined by the two Christian religions "Shinchonji" in charge of the president himself, "You do not know the religion is called two days is a sin" and "transcends borders, race, religion, and the spirit world peace are working for, "he said.

September 17, 2014, 02:35:44 AM
Reply #29

Offline Peter

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog & Site
Michael reporting from the airport on Monday night:

Korean Cult 신천지 at the Aiport

On Tuesday night, I went along with a reporter friend^. They had dozens of members dressed up as "security guards", complete with ear pieces. Very reminiscent of the Stamford Prison Experiment as the cult's pretend security ID cards somehow empowered them to try to order members of the public (me and my friend) in a public area... again. I've told them plenty of times at past events that I just don't take orders from cultists with the words "security guard" written in marker pen below their name tags displaying fake names. Some of the fake security guards were actually older women beyond their 50s. They were the scariest.

The wreathes shown in Michael's video were an interesting addition. They make the attendees easier to spot if they should accidentally lose their 2 SCJ minders or shock horror - talk to a person possessed by Satan - any Korean not a member of SCJ or myself and some of my friends. After about an hour of their usual intimidation tactics, two poor unfortunate younger members were tasked with making sure we left:

Followed By Shinchonji/WARP/IPYG "Peace Summit" Cultists

From my reporter friend who appears in the video talking to the young cultist:
Those guys were kept insisting us to leave the airport and following us. They gave directions on how to the subway station and we were on our way. We practically left the airport but Peter found that they were still stalking us. So Peter started to film them. Basically, the boy admits that he was given a direction to keep an eye on Peter. As Peter said he would call the police if he continues stalking and he relies that he won't do it again.