That is a whole lot of questions there. I'm not sure if I can make all my answers reasonable to you, or others, but I'll just try what I can. I think I will be able to cover Peter's question on my thoughts of Mr. Yoo's hiding while on it.
Thanks for your reminder on Romans 13. I am quite sure everyone knows what that means, including Mr. Yoo. I don't think he will be hiding forever.. I think he will come out sooner or later, but right now is definitely not the right time. I will try to explain this more further down the line.
I feel the urge to refute every misunderstanding I see, but I feel that it will turn out pointless and almost impossible because all the information released during the investigation was in favor of the prosecutors and the government. In addition to that, with the bit and pieces the prosecutors throw out, the reporters have to create a story, a convincing yet provocative one so that readers will be engaged. How can I possibly go through and refute all of them? I can't... but at least I will try to make some points understandable.
I thought prosecutors were people who bring criminals to justice and uphold the law. Unfortunately, I have never been so disappointed by the South Korean prosecutors who release their investigation in favor of the government. I strongly feel that (maybe not all but) the S. Korean prosecutors are highly used as a political front for the government.
For EBC's stance, I know that they mentioned that if there is any fault with the ferry company, the company would have to be responsible... if there is blame to take, the company should bear it. I completely agree.... but there are also so many unanswered questions on the rescue efforts and investigation. The wild conspiracy theories are around everywhere and I don't believe much of those either but I think every effort should be made to clear doubts, leaving no stones unturned.
The prosecutors have pretty much wrapped up the investigation and the cause of the accident. All this in about a month without even hauling the ship back up. I don't think the investigation is complete... the families of the victims and more than one million people are crying out for the truth. The government is so not cooperating and is in a clear cover up position upon these requests. We want to know the exact truth and when that is clarified, the involved will and should take responsibility as required.Going back to your last question, What makes me so sure he is innocent of everything?
I will try to summarize my personal stance on this answer into 4 parts.
First, on a biblical point of view,
1. Mr. Yoo has a very good understanding of the Bible.
2. He sets an example as a christian, not just by words but with action.
-> His faith in the Bible would not allow misdoings. (the fugitive issue I get to later)
Second, on a non-biblical point of view,
1. He has genuine thoughts on healthy eating and living, exercise, nature preservation.
2. He put his thoughts into action and applies those concepts into his own life.
3. He has spent many decades of continuous efforts, experiments, personal sacrifice, advice, support and encouragement to continue and establish these concepts into reality along with other people.
4. These efforts were not just for himself or for followers or for church members, but for everyone.
5. He lives in the corner of a steel warehouse-like building. He does not live in extravagance nor in luxury.
-> He is not a selfish and greedy man going after money.
Third, my personal understanding,
1. I believe he has a much active and clearer conscience than myself or most other people I know of. (In comparison, I am a person who received citizenship awards when I was little, I have a clean driving record, I never crossed red lights late night during my first 7 years of driving while in Korea when everyone else just passes through, I fulfilled my 26 months of Korean army duty even though I could avoid it.)
2. He hates corruption, is very independent and does not accept favors for any shady reasons.
3. He loves and takes pride of his home country and always wishes the best for it. (Though I am not sure if this stands true for him now.)
4. He is a very diligent person, incomparable to me, making the most out of his limited time.
5. He always encourages people, young and old, to learn languages, to study and improve personal skills and capacity.
-> He would not conduct anything illegal.
Am I brainwashed? I am just explaining what I saw, heard, experienced and felt, as it is, through these past many years.
Last but not least, is the Odaeyang incident.
The Sewol investigation prosecutor updates and press releases are very much a replica of Odaeyang.
Let's look at a few allegations headlined at that time:
(I will add newspaper links that I can find later on these)
1. EBC (Guwonpa) and Mr. Yoo are a cult.
2. Falsified ex-Guwonpa testimonies (Dongseop Jung and Myunghwan Tak before, Now same Mr. Jung, Chung Lee/Sookja Lee and others)
3. Guwonpa and Mr. Yoo are behind the deaths of the tragedy.
4. Guwonpa related actors and celebreties (Yangja Jeon and others and their intimate relationship)
5. Odaeyang funds going into Semo / Mr. Yoo's embezzlement of funds. (Now spread to family and church members)
6. Allegations of political ties and protection from high officials.
7. Women managing his funds and improper relationships with women.
All sounds very similar to the Sewol investigation, doesn't it? Which part of 1 to 7 is true or was proved to be true back in 1991? The Odaeyang incident was investigated 3 times but all concluded suicidal. None of these allegations, ties of corruption, acts of embezzlement and adultery were proved to be true but they are still all over the internet as if they are.
Mr. Yoo, at that time, was asked by the prosecutors to cooperate with the Odaeyang investigations, assuring him he was innocent and had no connection to it. However, he was arrested at the pinpoint of the investigation and sentenced to jail for something else, making it look like he was arrested for Odaeyang.
After this case, we are remembered to everyone as a cult and the organization behind the 32 deaths of Odaeyang.What are my thoughts of Mr. Yoo hiding away as a fugitive?
It's the same story... the prosecutors and Korean press are digging the same grave for Mr. Yoo as they did 23 years ago. This time, instead of being pushed into the grave to be buried, it seems he has decided to evade the first and most critical blow.
The story is a bit different but the plot is the same. What would you do if you were in his shoes? If I knew I was innocent and had a good idea of what was going to happen, I would definitely avoid being pushed into that grave.
Some people very strongly insist that, if he is innocent, he should accept the investigation and claim his innocence. I do not agree to this at all. After the prosecutors cuff him and put him behind bars during the investigation, what kind of information or investigation results do you think the prosecutors will present to the press? With President Park (and Kichoon Kim behind) already condemning him as a criminal, will the prosecutors say against it or for it? Will he be able to voice his own innocence behind bars through the prosecutor's mouth? With no attorneys willing to take the case?
With the government pressing so hard and the media bashing Mr. Yoo as if he was the biggest criminal of all time, do you think a fair trial would be possible even by the court? Which judge would uphold the law equally and without prejudice when the whole government and nation is watching you and expecting the maximum penalty possible?
This is a totally unfair case with irrepairable damage already done....In summary, he is either one of the most innocent, honest and upright person in the world OR he is the one of the biggest con-artist and evil villains in history.
With all the lies that I see, hear and notice over the news, I have no hesitation to jump for his innocence.
Even though I explained the gist of it, I have no doubt that there will still be people furious about my replies... the prosecutors and media have actually brainwashed everyone who reads the news and accepts it as true. I do not expect for everyone to be on my side, but I truly and sincerely beg everyone to take a step back to further look into the truth, or at least try to see what our point of view is, instead of accepting everything that is on the news without filtering.
I've just noticed there are translations of the official announcements directly from the church and interviews of related people IN ENGLISH. Please refer to the English articles to learn more about the TRUTH.
Since the official news and our position is updated there, I will back out my participation in these forums... I apologize, but this is just taking way too much out of my time...